★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iAssociate 2 - More free content on the way

08-21-2010, 10:58 AM
iAssociate 2 - More free content on the way

What do you think of when you hear the words Plumber, Princess and Mushroom ? It's a 5 + 5 letter long word.

If you thought of Super Mario you just might have what it takes to play the game iAssociate 2!

We're happy to say that we've continued to keep the game free (with the support of some additional in game purchases). Right now we're adding one more free level to the game, as well as adding HD graphics so that everything would look nice and crisp on your iPhone 4 displays, I hope everyone will appreciate this update! (It's due out any day now)

You can download the game for free from here iAssociate 2 in iTunes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	02.png
Views:	5
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	21941  
08-21-2010, 11:29 AM
I would get this if it had Openfeint and achievements.

Looking for a Beta Tester? PM me!!

08-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Achievements do just about nothing for me, so I’ve been enjoying this game for some time Clever and well-done association puzzles, albeit depending sometimes on a knowledge of (American?) pop culture... which is fine for me! (For instance, sometimes it has movie titles—not necessarily super-recent ones, but well-known ones from recent decades.)

Looking forward to the new content.

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)
08-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Achievements is something we haven't implemented yet, but something we have thought about, if we could add some possibility to use Game Center to challenge your friends in certain levels.

And as for the levels then yes, we've tried to keep them a bit US centered, as the biggest market is obviously the US right now. But we are also at the same time trying to add more varied levels to the game, so that everyone would find some associations that are closer to them. And also, in the future, expect themed levels that are about certain countries of the world, we're working on something like that at the moment...
08-21-2010, 02:32 PM
08-22-2010, 03:26 AM
The new update just went live some hours ago, among the new stuff there's a free level called "Remember to Tip".

The level starts off with just the word "Restaurant" visible, if you can think of some associations to that word then go and give the game a try.
11-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but this game is extremely fun. Does anyone know when another update is coming out, or if there's another similar game?
11-14-2010, 12:36 PM
To stay up to date regarding updates to iAssociate 2 I suggest that you join our Facebook fan page (found here: iAssociate Facebook Fan Page)

or alternatively, follow us on twitter from here: http://twitter.com/ticbits

And, even though we haven't officially announced it yet then a new update is most likely coming next friday, more news about that later this week. That new update might have something for those of you who don't wish to spend your money on in app purchases for new levels...