★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: FREE UNTIL SUNDAY! CELEBRATING 4 YEARS OF BATTLE BEARS, 30 MILLION DOWNLOADS, and the release of BATTLE BEARS ZERO: Wil's Finest Hour, on sale now!

BATTLE BEARS GO for iPad is a new action-packed top-down shooter with an awesome two player co-op mode for tons of FUN! Play as OLIVER or RIGGS as you blast away thousands of Huggables trying to HUG YOU TO DEATH.

TOP 25 iPad Games! Featured in iTunes HOT NEW GAMES and NEW & NOTEWORTHY.

HOW TO PLAY:
To Move: Slide LEFT Thumb over Green Joystick.

To Look Around & Fire: Use RIGHT Thumb to HOLD DOWN the Red Joystick.

Survive as many deadly rooms as possible.
One touch and you're dead. So don't get HUGGED. Ever.

BLOG, TOYS & T-SHIRTS at BattleBears.com
FOLLOW US: Twitter.com/BattleBears
LIKE US: Facebook.com/BattleBears
WATCH US: YouTube.com/SkyVuTV

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
OMG! OVER 4 MILLION BATTLE BEARS GAMES DOWNLOADED! Thank you to all our fans! BATTLE BEARS GO for iPad is a new action-packed top-down shooter with an awesome two player co-op mode for tons of FUN! Play as OLIVER or RIGGS as you blast away thousands of Huggables trying to HUG YOU TO DEATH.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
HOW TO PLAY:
To Move: Slide LEFT Thumb over Green Joystick.

To Look Around & Fire: Use RIGHT Thumb to HOLD DOWN the Red Joystick.

Survive as many deadly rooms as possible.
One touch and you're dead. So don't get HUGGED. Ever.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
AVAILABLE NOW:
BATTLE BEARS -1 Universal for iPad & iPhone!
BATTLE BEARS BACKPACK for iPad (Free!)
BATTLE BEARS -1 Original Game Soundtrack

Find news, support, and discussions at:

[www.BattleBears.com]
[www.Facebook.com/battlebearsgame]
[www.Twitter.com/battlebears]

The BATTLE BEARS were created by Benjamin Vu and his team at SkyVu Pictures. Copyright 2010 SkyVu Pictures Inc. All Rights Reserved.
08-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Looks really sweet!

add me on PSN = uranium65

08-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Very cool! But, I have a couple of questions. Is there a single player game type, or is it only multiplayer? And, are there any IAPs?

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
08-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Bought it even though I don't own an iPad.

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan
08-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Very cool! But, I have a couple of questions. Is there a single player game type, or is it only multiplayer? And, are there any IAPs?
Reflex-a-buy!

...and lovin' it! Single and multiplayer (haven't tried yet as my dear fiancee is sleeping) Can't see any form of IAP.

This one is good to GO...

(heh... see what I did there?... )
08-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
Reflex-a-buy!

...and lovin' it! Single and multiplayer (haven't tried yet as my dear fiancee is sleeping) Can't see any form of IAP.

This one is good to GO...

(heh... see what I did there?... )
Excellent. Thanks! Exactly what I needed to know. Bought!

08-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Ok, so first of all, let me just say that any Ipad owners who are Battle Bears fans should get this game. It's fast. It's fun! And, it's basically everything you could want in a top-down dual-stick arena game.

Game play is straightforward and easy for anybody that has played a dual-stick shooter. I love the virtual joysticks. In single player mode, you can put your thumbs down anywhere on the screen, just like Geometry Wars. That's nice for any playing at angle.

Like Battle Bears -1, you enter a room and clear a number of bag guys. The rooms are basically big squares with 4 possible doors for bad guys to enter. The rooms have various pitfalls, walls, and gun turrets to avoid. There are various types of enemies; quick little ones that die in one shot, big slow ones that take lots of shots. Random power ups spawn in the rooms including bonus points, extra lives, a satellite gun that rotates around you, and gun upgrades.

You start with 3 lives. You lose a life if you get touched by a bad guy or shot by a turret. It's pretty unforgiving, actually.

The game is a pure high score game. You're scored based on number of bears killed, plus any bonus money you find while playing. The game has OpenFeint leader boards and achievements.

Everything played really well. The addition of a co-op mode is really nice. Overall, I'd say this is a must have for any dual-stick fans or fans of the BB series.

08-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B34$T View Post
Bought it even though I don't own an iPad.
That was intentional, right?
08-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Ok, so first of all, let me just say that any Ipad owners who are Battle Bears fans should get this game. It's fast. It's fun! And, it's basically everything you could want in a top-down dual-stick arena game.

Game play is straightforward and easy for anybody that has played a dual-stick shooter. I love the virtual joysticks. In single player mode, you can put your thumbs down anywhere on the screen, just like Geometry Wars. That's nice for any playing at angle.

Like Battle Bears -1, you enter a room and clear a number of bag guys. The rooms are basically big squares with 4 possible doors for bad guys to enter. The rooms have various pitfalls, walls, and gun turrets to avoid. There are various types of enemies; quick little ones that die in one shot, big slow ones that take lots of shots. Random power ups spawn in the rooms including bonus points, extra lives, a satellite gun that rotates around you, and gun upgrades.

You start with 3 lives. You lose a life if you get touched by a bad guy or shot by a turret. It's pretty unforgiving, actually.

The game is a pure high score game. You're scored based on number of bears killed, plus any bonus money you find while playing. The game has OpenFeint leader boards and achievements.

Everything played really well. The addition of a co-op mode is really nice. Overall, I'd say this is a must have for any dual-stick fans or fans of the BB series.
I own Battle Bears -1 and it looks and plays fine on the ipad (2x), so I'm on the fence on this ( I know it's only 99c ); that's why I want to know what are the major improvements on this version?
08-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
I own Battle Bears -1 and it looks and plays fine on the ipad (2x), so I'm on the fence on this ( I know it's only 99c ); that's why I want to know what are the major improvements on this version?
Well, BB-1 is a Universal app, so it should look great on an iPad.

I have both BB-1 and BB Go. Comparing the two games would be like comparing Brothers in Arms to Minigore. The control method (third person shooter vs. dual-stick shooter) is so different that aside from the same characters it's like playing a different game.

After playing a few games, I would say that I prefer BB Go to BB-1. The dual-stick control works so much better on the iPad. BB Go also feels faster. The action is faster. The characters move faster. The games are a bit shorter, which suits my playing style a lot better. And, with the addition of simultaneous co-op in BB Go, it really sets itself above BB-1.

If I didn't have either, I would say go with BB Go. It's built for the iPad and you can tell. If I already had BB-1, I'd still say BB Go is the better game and worth the upgrade. If you're a fan of Geometry Wars and Minigore, it's a no-brainer. Plus, it's only $1.