★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Golden Sun Remake

08-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Golden Sun Remake

It would be awesome if they made a Golden Sun Remake for Appstore. Its possible and the company can make more money because I will buy it.

If anyone see this and dont know what Golden Sun is/was, it was the the greatest rpg series on GBA to me. Best Game next to mario stuff. Heres a trailer of the first one---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I616dJJcnBU
08-22-2010, 11:07 AM
It'd be so awesome Nintendo would sue you into oblivion.

08-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
it's been mentioned before, but unfortunately, lots of companies aren't seeing the potential in 100 million idevices...

not yet, anyway.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
08-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDR_11k View Post
It'd be so awesome Nintendo would sue you into oblivion.
yea y would i be sued...they will make it not me lol.
08-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Idk if anyone has noticed but the idevice is competing with nintendos handhelds so no way nintendo would support their rival... Common sense people.

Plus+, Openfeint, and Gameloft Live Username: Vester
Add me on GameCenter: Sock Merchant
2/6/11 the Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl XLV
08-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vester View Post
Idk if anyone has noticed but the idevice is competing with nintendos handhelds so no way nintendo would support their rival... Common sense people.

yeah i know that but common sense tells you that having the new Golden Sun game come out for DS in december and Golden Sun 1 for idevices will give them more money then just worrying about competition.Their a buisness, not a football team.

Last edited by domino5343; 08-22-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: v
08-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Nintendo porting ANYTHING to a competing platform would immediately damage the trust of consumers that you need a Nintendo system to play a Nintendo game and have severe long-term impact. Furthermore Nintendo hates the pricing climate on iTunes where game prices are driven to rock bottom and a 5$ game is seen as very expensive, that situation is good for Apple but not for game companies who cannot afford to throw any larger budgets at iTunes games. For 100M devices the game sales are pretty bad, Nintendo can get 15M+ sales on their own systems (never mind that there are more than 100M DS units out there and ALL of them are used for gaming) at 40 prices or more while a successful game on iTunes seems to boast about 3 million sales at 1$ each.
08-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDR_11k View Post
Nintendo porting ANYTHING to a competing platform would immediately damage the trust of consumers that you need a Nintendo system to play a Nintendo game and have severe long-term impact. Furthermore Nintendo hates the pricing climate on iTunes where game prices are driven to rock bottom and a 5$ game is seen as very expensive, that situation is good for Apple but not for game companies who cannot afford to throw any larger budgets at iTunes games. For 100M devices the game sales are pretty bad, Nintendo can get 15M+ sales on their own systems (never mind that there are more than 100M DS units out there and ALL of them are used for gaming) at 40 prices or more while a successful game on iTunes seems to boast about 3 million sales at 1$ each.
Well said. Plus, it'd be completely stupid for them to make games for anything other than their own systems, as to keep as much business on the Nintendo consoles as possible. If they started making games for the iPhone, it'd do nothing but draw more attention to the iPhone. And seeing as Apple gets a fraction of the sales, they'd be making money for Apple, which right now is probably their biggest rival.

So as unfortunate as it is, it's never going to happen. Luckily, there are plenty of third party developers who have been making RPG's for the iPhone, including a couple of high-quality and extremely fun games. It wouldn't be much more to go pick up a used copy of Golden Sun for the GBA anyway, and if you are jailbroken, there's always the possibility of emulation.
08-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupOfCoffee View Post
That still doesn't answer the question of why the op would get sued.
I think he was assuming that the OP would want to be the one to port it. Should he do so, he'd be making money off of a game that's not his, and therefore could get sued by Nintendo.
08-22-2010, 03:50 PM
No. Reason: Nintendo.

Oh, and Nintendo.

'A delayed game is bad for now, but a bad game is bad forever' - Shigeru Miyamoto