★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Legal App Store Emulators

08-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Legal App Store Emulators

Are there any good emulators on the app store? There was a discussion on some Commodore 64 app on Touch Arcade earlier, so I hoped more apps like it were being made.
08-22-2010, 01:26 PM
There is a C64 emulator on the app store.

memory cards
08-22-2010, 01:34 PM
I remember reading an article about the ZX Spectrum on the App Store too.

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.
08-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Commodore 64, Intellivision (though there is debate if these are really emulated, and the controls aren't very good) and Chip8 are the only ones I know of that are confirmed legal and licensed. (Well, Chip8 and all its games are freeware, no license required.)

There have been a few that have passed through the App Store that got pulled for one reason or another. ZX Nostalgia was a pretty good Spectrum emulator that contained over a dozen games, but none of them licensed, so it got pulled. There was a crappy Spectrum emulator that was an unlicensed port of a crappy Java one that also allowed you to side-load snaps. And the infamous Nescaline, which also allowed side-loading.

Manomio and Kiloo will becoming out with a legal, licensed Amiga emulator soon.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
08-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Commodore 64, Intellivision (though there is debate if these are really emulated, and the controls aren't very good) and Chip8 are the only ones I know of that are confirmed legal and licensed. (Well, Chip8 and all its games are freeware, no license required.)

There have been a few that have passed through the App Store that got pulled for one reason or another. ZX Nostalgia was a pretty good Spectrum emulator that contained over a dozen games, but none of them licensed, so it got pulled. There was a crappy Spectrum emulator that was an unlicensed port of a crappy Java one that also allowed you to side-load snaps. And the infamous Nescaline, which also allowed side-loading.

Manomio and Kiloo will becoming out with a legal, licensed Amiga emulator soon.
Dont forget the Sega games most of them are emulated