★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Thoughts on new metal gear...

03-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Thoughts on new metal gear...

I'm hoping for one of the Metal Gear games that follows the story line, because the Metal Gear games that were on the gameboy and PSP really, really sucked. The info and screen shots show resemblance to metal gear solid 3, but I can't be too sure. anyone know?
03-06-2009, 11:57 PM
well, it's nothing like the other games, the story might be similar though, I think it's MGS4 story. The whole game is another touch to shoot rip-off, although I hope it's not

http://www.tenfingersclub.com for fair reviews and the occasional promo code giveaway.
Car Jack Streets is out!!!!Link
Looking forward: Bethesda game, Terminator
I'm Playing Galaxy of fire 3D, Galcon, Watchmen: Justice is Coming, and Black Shades

03-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawslover View Post
well, it's nothing like the other games, the story might be similar though, I think it's MGS4 story. The whole game is another touch to shoot rip-off, although I hope it's not
yah i hope its not just touch and shoot..i hope there are more involment with the environment..but oh well its iphone..if the graphics are excellent then i shall excuse its gameplay inferiority
03-06-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm a big Metal Gear fan, so I got my fingers x for this. I just hope they can capture the Metal Gear feel on the iPhone.

| Jon Wheat | BitCaper |Twitter
Games: Block Knights, S.C.U.D.
See what people are saying about Block Knights here, here, here and here
Check out our development podcast for S.C.U.D.
03-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawslover View Post
yeah...I was kinda hoping for something like brothers in arms: hour of heroes, but longer, where you could move around. (it's literally just an HOUR of heroes, I beat it in an hour)
03-07-2009, 12:03 AM
It's a touch-n-shoot with cut-outs. Can't expect that much At least they aren't trying to give the graphics a 3D console look.
03-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Most of this information's been revealed if you read the articles on here and sites such as Joystiq and Kotaku. As a huge Metal Gear fan, I'll buy it regardless. PSP titles were fun, the Ac!ds were non-canon but Portable Ops was a blast. There's a great Metal Gear Solid-style game on Verizon handhelds as well as an Ac!d mobile in Japan, would love to see those get ported to iPhone, too!

Last edited by Lungkisser; 03-07-2009 at 12:07 AM. Reason: i to !
03-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungkisser View Post
Most of this information's been revealed if you read the articles on here and sites such as Joystiq and Kotaku. As a huge Metal Gear fan, I'll buy it regardless. PSP titles were fun, the Ac!ds were non-canon but Portable Ops was a blast. There's a great Metal Gear Solid-style game on Verizon handhelds as well as an Ac!d mobile in Japan, would love to see those get ported to iPhone, too!
Verizon? Really? Hmmmmm.... The Ac!d mobile version is actually pretty impressive. Smooth rendering for such a small phone.
03-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Without looking, I believe it was Verizon. It wasn't AT&T and Verizon had the cool games (until the iPhone came along) ... here's a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyCTSCtqTyA I don't know HOW it'd work on the iPhone (probably not well) ... but I certainly wish I could play it somehow.

It has a feature where you can take a picture of something IRL and use it as camo... I don't know if it was programmed to do you any good, but it's kinda cool.
03-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungkisser View Post
Without looking, I believe it was Verizon. It wasn't AT&T and Verizon had the cool games (until the iPhone came along) ... here's a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyCTSCtqTyA I don't know HOW it'd work on the iPhone (probably not well) ... but I certainly wish I could play it somehow.
It was verison, I got it.

I can't be too sure, but there might be the ROM on the NES emulator for jailbroken ipods and iphones...mine's a 2g so I don't know. I know that one of my friends has the metal gear on his GBC emulator for a jailbroken