Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-19-2008, 10:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to G0tsk1llz
Default Spore Lite Edition

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=292684761&mt=8
Electronic arts released a lite edition for spore
Old 10-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Banned

This is good. However, i think Light Editions should be released along the actual game. Now that it's two dollars cheaper and all the complaints about it being too short, people might not have bought the real thing...
Old 10-19-2008, 10:43 PM

Nice, thanks for the tip. I had avoided it but will try the Lite.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:14 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Spore's price didn't drop here in Australia. Still at $12.99 Aussie dollars and it appears that we don't have access to the lite version either
Old 10-19-2008, 11:35 PM

Default I loved Spore!

Interesting. So how is the Lite Edition limited?

Spore Origins is my favorite iPhone game so far, played it through about 12 times. It's gotten great reviews but seems to get trashed a lot in this forum, so I'll mention the following for folks considering playing: Spore Origins is not a strat/sim game like full-blown Spore. It's basically an action game with some (rather fun, IMO) light character configuration options. If you're expecting any kind of RTS play, you'll be disappointed. On the other hand, if you're an action-adventure-platformer gamer like me (who's bored witless by strat/sim games ), then you might find Spore Origins to your liking.

I hope the LE leads to at least a few people getting the game and having as much fun with it as I did.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:51 PM
iPhone 4

It's only one level.

The app is 40 MB and I played through the whole thing in probably less than 2 minutes.

I don't think I'll buy it though. Doesn't seem to be my kind of game.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:56 PM

Don't buy it, you will play for two or three days then never open the app again.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:48 AM
Banned

I just played the Light Edition and took like two minutes to beat it. It's fun but if the other 29 levels are as short as this one then there's no way i'd buy.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
I just played the Light Edition and took like two minutes to beat it. It's fun but if the other 29 levels are as short as this one then there's no way i'd buy.
Assuming it's an early eat-or-be-eaten level, then it's a lot shorter than subsequent levels. Each of the six worlds has 5 levels. The first 3 levels of each world are eat-or-be-eaten and they get progressively more difficult. The 4th level is usually some kind of challenge or boss -- they're not super-hard but they're more than 2 minutes. The 5th level of each world is a bounded sidescroller, with entry and exit points. These can be challenging 'cuz you have to get through narrow passages with enemies patrolling (and you might want to do a little exploring as well). There are at least 20 different kinds of enemies with different behaviors.

Overall, it's not a long or super-challenging game, and if you're not interested in configuring different creatures with different parts, ie. playing through it more than once, then, no, it's not worth a high-end game price.

Probably they did the LE just so people could see what the tilt-controls are like.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom-22 View Post
Assuming it's an early eat-or-be-eaten level, then it's a lot shorter than subsequent levels. Each of the six worlds has 5 levels. The first 3 levels of each world are eat-or-be-eaten and they get progressively more difficult. The 4th level is usually some kind of challenge or boss -- they're not super-hard but they're more than 2 minutes. The 5th level of each world is a bounded sidescroller, with entry and exit points. These can be challenging 'cuz you have to get through narrow passages with enemies patrolling (and you might want to do a little exploring as well). There are at least 20 different kinds of enemies with different behaviors.

Overall, it's not a long or super-challenging game, and if you're not interested in configuring different creatures with different parts, ie. playing through it more than once, then, no, it's not worth a high-end game price.

Probably they did the LE just so people could see what the tilt-controls are like.
Seems to me like they should've included more levels. That way we could've gotten a feeling of the game as a whole. Seems like they were hopping to 'hook' gamers into playing some more, and well, it didn't work with me.