★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: koduco
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 20.6 MB
  • Version: 2.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: "Its damn fun I spent far more time testing it than I needed to." - TechCrunch (http://tcrn.ch/d8NXZO)

"[The] levels are challenging and its going to take you a while to get through them, so definite value for [the] money." - AppVader (http://ht.ly/2unhu)

PONGVADERS: two great arcade tastes that taste great together.
* Music by NULLSLEEP (http://nullsleep.com)
* Pixels by Anna Anthropy (http://auntiepixelante.com)

Warning: asking strangers to play this game may create new friends.

The alien forces have arrived, but why are they dancing? What are they shooting at you? What is that streak of mustard doing on your iPad? Get your friend to finish that hot-dog and prepare to defend humanity from over 10 waves of invaders who appear surprisingly coordinated to the music.

You are each armed with a reflective paddle to defend your planet. Rebound enemy shots back to destroy the aliens. Yet take care if one planet is destroyed, both will fly out of orbit and into oblivion. Volley shots between your paddles for a super-charged attack. Collect a variety of powerups, but first talk to your friend: your boost could cause their bust. You can even tilt the iPad to shift the pull of gravity! After you've beaten the game, try to unravel the scoring system and compete to top the leaderboards. But try not to feel too bad for those cute prancing aliens during your ball-bouncing rampage.

iPAD OPTIMIZED GAME
- Shared MULTIPLAYER experience only possible on a large touchscreen
- HIGH DEFINITION retro graphics
- Bouncing soundtrack by NULLSLEEP
- Intuitive touch controls - no virtual d-pads in sight

HIGHLY REPLAYABLE
- 30 levels
- 3 climactic boss fights
- Variety of "powerups" which create new challenges
- Compete online for the highest score

What people are saying:

"GET THIS!" - satisfied customer

--------------------

From Koduco Games, an independent studio focusing on new collaborative games. Were helping people make new friends and memories one shared play at a time.

Twitter: @koducogames
http://koduco.com

goiMot's comments:


08-23-2010, 07:37 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,166
Anyone tried this game yet ? I am hoping for some impressions.

08-23-2010, 10:55 AM
#3
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Anyone tried this game yet ? I am hoping for some impressions.
I am thinking about getting this. For me, a game like this comes down to controls and if the paddles don't move smoothly with perfect touch controls it will ruin the game.

If it was .99, I would grab it but not sure I want to risk 2.99.
08-23-2010, 01:02 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,449
If we wait patiently someone's bound to get it.... It definitely looks really awesome.

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
08-23-2010, 01:04 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
If we wait patiently someone's bound to get it.... It definitely looks really awesome.
And that person will be BazookaTime or LordGek.

You know you're going to buy it. Stop fighting it and pull the trigger so you can tell us how it is.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
08-23-2010, 01:08 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
And that person will be BazookaTime or LordGek.

You know you're going to buy it. Stop fighting it and pull the trigger so you can tell us how it is.
Hey, no pushing

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
08-23-2010, 02:37 PM
#7
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,244
Okay, these guys were nice enough to send me a code. I have only played a few minutes but I will give some quick impressions.

First off the retro sounds are awesome. If you like 8bit type music you are going to be happy with this. Retro graphics and style are also very well done and mixed with the music complete the package.

Gameplay is perfect as the touch controls for both player one and two are responsive. There is plenty of space below your paddle to slide your finger and I found no touch issues at all. Play is smooth and the game is a very nice mixture of arcade classics from the past.

If you have someone to play the game with I can easy recommend this game.
08-23-2010, 02:39 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Okay, these guys were nice enough to send me a code. I have only played a few minutes but I will give some quick impressions.

First off the retro sounds are awesome. If you like 8bit type music you are going to be happy with this. Retro graphics and style are also very well done and mixed with the music complete the package.

Gameplay is perfect as the touch controls for both player one and two are responsive. There is plenty of space below your paddle to slide your finger and I found no touch issues at all. Play is smooth and the game is a very nice mixture of arcade classics from the past.

If you have someone to play the game with I can easy recommend this game.
Awesome, thanks for the impressions.
No AI?

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
08-23-2010, 02:41 PM
#9
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Awesome, thanks for the impressions.
No AI?
No, this is a two player only game which works great for me. I know that some people are going to have an issue with that though.
08-23-2010, 02:42 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
No, this is a two player only game which works great for me. I know that some people are going to have an issue with that though.
I have someone to play with so it wouldn't be a problem if this wasn't the zillionth game on my iPad like that. I know the iPad is the perfect device for these 2 player games but I wish this wasn't becoming such a trend on the app store. Will add this to my wishlist anyway though cuz it looks simply awesome. Thanks again for the impressions and for answering my question.

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!