★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Open world?

03-07-2009, 02:51 AM
Open world?

Hi again,

I was wondering where all the open world games were. Is payback open world? I'm eagerly awaiting Car Jack Streets, but that doesn't come out until October (as told on their website). I personally like the over-the-shoulder view, not from the top. Again, are there any right now?

Thanks!

Currently Playing: Gomi, Minigore, Pocket God, Geodefense, Zenonia, Trace, Car Jack Streets, and Jimney Chimney

Proud member of the Car Jack Streets - Street Team!!
03-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatteras View Post
Hi again,

I was wondering where all the open world games were. Is payback open world? I'm eagerly awaiting Car Jack Streets, but that doesn't come out until October (as told on their website). I personally like the over-the-shoulder view, not from the top. Again, are there any right now?

Thanks!
In my opinion, Payback sucks! The over-the-top view certainly made GTA I and II hits, but it wasn't so good for Payback. And it didn't have a neat storyline and lacked the feeling of 'being at home' with the city, because all the places looked the same. I hope this 'Car Jack Streets' you mention is good!
03-07-2009, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram View Post
In my opinion, Payback sucks! The over-the-top view certainly made GTA I and II hits, but it wasn't so good for Payback. And it didn't have a neat storyline and lacked the feeling of 'being at home' with the city, because all the places looked the same. I hope this 'Car Jack Streets' you mention is good!
I'm not just some "12 year old over my head with a game too mature for me",as that one user stated in their review on itunes, but I like payback. It's my most played app at the moment. I know what you mean how there's no real cool story and the cities kinda suck, but you can't really expect much better on something like the iphone, and I think it's fairly fun.