★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Volkswagen polo challenge 3d (free)

03-07-2009, 05:53 AM
#1
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 6
Volkswagen polo challenge 3d (free)

[App Store Link, Free]




Quote:
Test-drive the new Volkswagen Polo in this top-notch 3D racing game on your iPhone/iPod Touch. 8 detailed tracks are waiting to be mastered by beating the given time limits.

Drive your Polo intuitively via Accelerometer or tap controls, it's all up to you. The bombastic motor sounds and a rocking music track by German newcomers "Feinkost", supported artists of the Volkswagen Sound Foundation, set just the right mood for an amazing driving experience.

On top of that, if you are curious how the Volkswagen Polo drives on a real road, the application instantly tells you where to find your nearest Volkswagen dealer and even shows you the way there.
For more information on the new Polo please visit www.volkswagen.com.

http://Www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ws.asp?c=11939

Last edited by salsamd; 03-07-2009 at 10:20 PM.
03-07-2009, 06:29 AM
#2
Wow, definitely looks nice in that movie... might have to give this one a go.

If I was VW though, I would put in some other cars as well. After all, I might want to 'compare' with some other models like the Golf/Jetta/New Beetle/Phaeton.

03-07-2009, 06:31 AM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: U.K.
Posts: 1,395
Looks like a better attempt (than Audi) to use iphod as a marketing tool. Obviously VW group has learned from their first attempt. A version for Lamborghini, Bugatti and Bentley would be nice! .

Car seems to have better driving dynamics than a lot of current games (lift off over bumps, a shame touching the curb doesn't send you flying!).
03-07-2009, 06:49 AM
#4
Looks like it'll do a good job convincing people that the Polo will go around country lanes and streets at 90+ mph.
03-07-2009, 09:11 AM
#5
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,817
It looks great and for free it'll be awesome. The graphics actually look like some of the best in a racing game so far. Only problem that I have is that at the end of the video it says:

Get your free Version of the Volkswagen Polo Challenge 3D at the App Store in mid-March 2009.

Which seems to be implying that there will be a paid version as well.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
03-07-2009, 09:26 AM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palfince View Post
It looks great and for free it'll be awesome. The graphics actually look like some of the best in a racing game so far. Only problem that I have is that at the end of the video it says:

Get your free Version of the Volkswagen Polo Challenge 3D at the App Store in mid-March 2009.

Which seems to be implying that there will be a paid version as well.
Not neccesarily. It could just be a poorly worded phrase for a free game. I hope it is a free full game. It looks pretty nice

Plus+ Name: kuler51
OpenFeint Name: kuler51
--Add Me--
03-07-2009, 09:36 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuler51 View Post
Not neccesarily. It could just be a poorly worded phrase for a free game. I hope it is a free full game. It looks pretty nice
it's not a game... it's an ad...
03-07-2009, 09:53 AM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Central Coast of California
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
it's not a game... it's an ad...
ha ha, so true!

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back.
03-07-2009, 09:55 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Jeep View Post
Looks like a better attempt (than Audi) to use iphod as a marketing tool. Obviously VW group has learned from their first attempt. A version for Lamborghini, Bugatti and Bentley would be nice! .

Car seems to have better driving dynamics than a lot of current games (lift off over bumps, a shame touching the curb doesn't send you flying!).
With an early wide knowledge of marketing, I have always thought that such free games are SUPERB marketing techniques. The game oughta be good, because VW will surely not lose its brand image through a stupid game. Eagerly awaiting it!
03-07-2009, 09:55 AM
#10
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
it's not a game... it's an ad...
Could be a fun ad though.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!