★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Decent Pinball Application

08-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
Decent Pinball Application

I'm looking for a decent pinball. I was interested in The Deep until I learned it had a sickening zoom feature.
08-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RttaM View Post
I'm looking for a decent pinball. I was interested in The Deep until I learned it had a sickening zoom feature.
Pinball HD

OpenFeint / Gameloft ID: KiranB28
Hooked On: Cut The Rope, Bookworm, Samurai II
Reckless Racer, Modern Combat 2 (add me!)

08-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranb28 View Post
Pinball HD
That's basically The Deep and three other games... not what i wanted.
08-23-2010, 06:48 PM
I like the Matmi games, particularly Monster Pinball, best of those I've tried. They're not for everyone as they don't have a lot of realism, but I find them more dynamic and playable than the Gameprom pinball games.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
08-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
I like the Matmi games, particularly Monster Pinball, best of those I've tried. They're not for everyone as they don't have a lot of realism, but I find them more dynamic and playable than the Gameprom pinball games.
I am considering Monster Pinball, but the the Physics is off (or so I hear).
08-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Monster Pinball sucks.

Try Pinball Dreams & Fantasies - Espn & Freeballin' are pretty good too. Last Gladiators is outstanding but it'd be about $20 to get the full app

Last edited by misecia; 08-23-2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: adding info
08-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RttaM View Post
I am considering Monster Pinball, but the the Physics is off (or so I hear).
It depends on if you want something as close as possible to a real pinball table, or if you're happy with a simulated experience. Monster pinball is more like a riff on pinball than actual pinball. The physics are kind of a strange point of contention, considering the game consists of 5 different pinball tables somehow strung together. They weren't going for realism, just fun. It delivers in that regard moreso than any of the other pinball games I've played, even that $10 one (forget what it's called).

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
08-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Being a hardcore pinball geek who owns a few machines I hafta say my favorite pinball is Last Gladiator.

The price is high to get all the tables but to me it's the closet one out there to playing a real machine

Flangle Flangle Flangle Play No More!
08-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafner View Post
Being a hardcore pinball geek who owns a few machines I hafta say my favorite pinball is Last Gladiator.

The price is high to get all the tables but to me it's the closet one out there to playing a real machine
It looks great as well, I might pick this up soon, thanks!
08-23-2010, 08:36 PM
yanno you can pinch anywhere on the screen in the gameprom pinball games and it zooms out to show the whole table