★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: In the spirit of Rogue and Gauntlet type games, comes MOBHACK, a hack 'n slash game that will provide hours of great hack 'n slash fun! The entire game can be played with ONE finger!

Choose from 7 classes: Warrior, Ranger, Mage, Rogue, Necrodancer, Alchemist and Minstrel each with unique abilities and special powers!

Play through 20 challenging levels as you hack up evil minions while collecting artifacts to help you along on your arduous journey or kick back and relax while playing a game of Kings Game to win more gold in-between hack-fests!
08-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Looks good but will hold off and wait for some impressions at that price.

So someone TOFTT!

08-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Intrigued, but one of three things needs to happen for me to even consider it: a video, a lite, a price drop. Come to think of it, it could probably use all three regardless.
08-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Intrigued, but one of three things needs to happen for me to even consider it: a video, a lite, a price drop. Come to think of it, it could probably use all three regardless.
I feel jilted after skeleton story.... I am waiting on this one. It looks like it has that cheese feel all over it.
08-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Well, I was going to buy it but it must not work on the iPad.
08-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
I feel jilted after skeleton story.... I am waiting on this one. It looks like it has that cheese feel all over it.
That it does too, but I think it's mostly the icon.
08-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
That it does too, but I think it's mostly the icon.
Where is squarezero.... I am gonna let him make the call on this one.
08-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Does this require 4.0?
08-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Does this require 4.0?
yeah
08-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Well, according to the star system above, I've already rated this and given it five stars -- not sure how that happened. Anyway, bought this thinking that it would crap and that I would do a service to my TA folk and identify it as such.

Well, it's not crap. It's not perfect by any means, but the graphics have a nice early 2000's shareware feel to them (reminds me of Geneforge, actually, though not isometric). I've been playing as the necromancer, and her sprite is nicely animated (she even has a sway to her walk). The game world seems to be pretty big, and the one quest I've completed so far involved exploring a mansion and ended up in a giant spider boss fight.

The one big caveat so far is that the save system sucks -- it uses the old Diablo system of saving only at basecamp, which is simply a stupid idea in a portable platform.

Other than that, I'm pleasantly surprised.