★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Beast farmer

08-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Beast farmer

HI, I am part of the development team that is responsible for the iphone game, Beast Farmer. I was curious if anyone played it (we had close to a million downloads), and what you thought of it?
What did you like or dislike? Would you like to see another (and better) Beast Farmer game that is similar to the first?
Did you like raising your Beast and entering it into the mini games?

Look forward to hearing what you think!
08-24-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
08-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustrialBros View Post
HI, I am part of the development team that is responsible for the iphone game, Beast Farmer. I was curious if anyone played it (we had close to a million downloads), and what you thought of it?
What did you like or dislike? Would you like to see another (and better) Beast Farmer game that is similar to the first?
Did you like raising your Beast and entering it into the mini games?

Look forward to hearing what you think!
I played it and thought it was fairly well done - graphics were good, but I wish there had been more "play with your pet" interactivity, making the different stages a bit more interesting than just figuring out all the swipe combos to get your pet to do different things. Sound and UI were good.

Maybe having a few pets would make this more interesting as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
08-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
I was excited when I saw the first screenshot. But then I saw it was something else. - I expected a more of a pet game. (I would have loved that!!!)
08-24-2010, 04:07 PM
We set out to make a different type of pet-game, rather than something people would be expecting. I think it would have been great if it had more traditional pet-game abilities, but we unfortunately didn't have the time to add all the cool things we thought of.
We expect Beast Farmer III to have even more interactive elements than our first.
Beast Farmer II will have more beasts, but we are saving the interactive stuff for #3!