★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: I lost some apps after Jailbreaking.

03-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I lost some apps after Jailbreaking.

A day or so before I jailbroke last month I bought some apps, specifically Crazy Tanks, Bounce Trap, and Tiki Towers. I did not synch up with my computer after buying these apps before I jailbroke. After I did the JB and the ipod was wiped of all content, I wasn't able to re download the apps. It was going to make me pay for them again, and as awesome as the devs of those apps are, I couldn't stomach paying for something twice.

I have since restored my ipod back to apple firmware (The Jailbreak had my ipod touch running much too slow), and I'm wondering if there is any way to get those apps back. I'm on a first gen ipod touch, BTW.

completely ot, but the back metal casing of my ipod has come a few millimeters away from the front casing at the bottom by the dock connector. It started doing this a few months ago, before I'd even dropped it. I'm still in warranty, is this something apple will fix?
03-07-2009, 12:56 PM
yeah, you have to re-buy them. You won't get the notice that says "download for free" untill you already see it downloading on your phone. Just try buying one of the apps again.

03-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPuma View Post
A day or so before I jailbroke last month I bought some apps, specifically Crazy Tanks, Bounce Trap, and Tiki Towers. I did not synch up with my computer after buying these apps before I jailbroke. After I did the JB and the ipod was wiped of all content, I wasn't able to re download the apps. It was going to make me pay for them again, and as awesome as the devs of those apps are, I couldn't stomach paying for something twice.

I have since restored my ipod back to apple firmware (The Jailbreak had my ipod touch running much too slow), and I'm wondering if there is any way to get those apps back. I'm on a first gen ipod touch, BTW.

completely ot, but the back metal casing of my ipod has come a few millimeters away from the front casing at the bottom by the dock connector. It started doing this a few months ago, before I'd even dropped it. I'm still in warranty, is this something apple will fix?
Stupid

always livin, never dyin
03-07-2009, 12:57 PM
just resync it to itunes and your apps will come back.

Ya ur still in warranty.... I think, just make sure theres no trace of Jailbroken software on your device
03-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOG View Post
Stupid
Now, now, lets not start calling each other names.
03-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOG View Post
Stupid
There is no need for that bro. I was new to the software and how everything worked, and had no clue I would lose my apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopoly View Post
just resync it to itunes and your apps will come back.

Ya ur still in warranty.... I think, just make sure theres no trace of Jailbroken software on your device
The problem is I didn't sync up to itunes and transfer the purchases before jailbreaking, so the apps aren't in my iTunes.

And good to hear on the warranty, I'l call in monday.
03-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Also, about the casing, I don't think they will replace something that trivial, I think they only replace them when there is something wrong with it (bad battery, hardware failure, etc.) if you have dropped it or sent it through the wash, you have to buy another
03-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPuma View Post
There is no need for that bro. I was new to the software and how everything worked, and had no clue I would lose my apps.

The problem is I didn't sync up to itunes and transfer the purchases before jailbreaking, so the apps aren't in my iTunes.

And good to hear on the warranty, I'l call in monday.
Just do what I said, they will redownload for free. Just make sure you are on the same iTunes account.
03-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Man......one more reason why I don't think will ever jb my Touch even if they find a way for the 2G. Sorry to hear this about you not able to re-download free.....bummer.
03-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
Also, about the casing, I don't think they will replace something that trivial, I think they only replace them when there is something wrong with it (bad battery, hardware failure, etc.) if you have dropped it or sent it through the wash, you have to buy another
That sucks. I'm afraid with the casing like that that dust will get inside and end up really messing things up.