★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Chillingo Ltd
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 93.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.7 (6)
App description: From the developers of the hit app A QUEST OF KNIGHTS ONRUSH comes the groundbreaking full game, KNIGHTS RUSH! This huge sequel by Chillingo and MoreGames puts YOU in the suit of armor, as your Knight rampages through eight incredible worlds and takes on a host of deadly enemies with over-the-top skills and attacks aplenty! KNIGHT'S RUSH is bigger, badder, and better than ever before!

EPIC SCALE
Slice your way through over FIFTY different types of enemy, including eight vicious Bosses, in over FORTY levels across EIGHT huge, vivid worlds! Dust off your halberd and tighten your greaves, because this legendary arcade slasher will have you smiting and vanquishing in no time!

EPIC HEROES
Play as one of THREE different heroes, each with a unique style, skillset and attributes, and tear through a compelling medieval world full of dangerous adversaries, dozens of different traps, and death creeping up around every corner! Stay on your toes to keep your head attached to your shoulders and as you take down your foes, your hero will level up and gain new powers, cast new spells, and devise even nastier ways of slaying the bad guys!

WORLD DOMINATION
Secure your rise to power in the Campaign mode, levelling up, learning new abilities and gaining new weaponry. Earn Crystal Achievements for your worthy deeds, and hone your skills! Then if you can achieve mastery across the eight diverse worlds of the Campaign mode, its time to compete for High King of the fully-integrated Crystal leaderboards, surpassing the performance of other Knights around the world! And for when you simply HAVE to destroy every last craven, cowardly dark knight you can see, boot up Super Endless Mode and redefine the word Epic!

TOP-TIER GAMING
Knight's Rush sets a new bar for triple-A-quality gaming for the iPhone, with full iOS 4 support, a massive game world, seamless framerates, high-definition graphics and totally addictive gameplay. Find out what the critics are raving about:

PRESS QUOTES

"over-the-top cartoony graphics... one level had giant tarantulas mixed with miniature catapults, and another had spiked barrel traps next to explosives on springs ... it will be a real gem when it comes out" -- SlideToPlay

"a very impressive-looking game... what I played was very well done -- attacking was responsive and the graphics were colorful and satisfying... it's certainly one to watch for" -- Tuaw.com

"an action-packed sequel... the gameplay is looking great!" -- iPhoneAppetiser

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

TA Review : http://toucharcade.com/2010/08/26/knights-rush-review/

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/knights-rush-lite/id396890280?mt=8
Quote:
What's New in Version 1.1.0
Epic New Update – Massive Changes for an Epic Game!

- Character upgrades are now permanent keep all the perks and skills that you earn! Mould your character over the course of the whole game!
- Characters are no longer interrupted by enemies while casting spells or using special abilities
- Perks/abilities panel improved. The Point allocation bug fixed!
- Added a quicksave feature!
- Smarter and more dangerous enemies through major AI improvements.
- Lots of tweaks and fixes to improve the overall experience!
08-25-2010, 05:10 AM
Impressions/reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Really nice game, only one issue so far: I've no idea how (if?) the game saves. Played the campaign for around 20 mins, got to level 6, checked the pause menu but there is only option to "abort" and it warns you you'll lose your progress. Figured it must save on exit, shut the app down, came back, no dice. No option to continue and could only begin again from level 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguard View Post
The game saves progress automatically. You shouldn't press abort, otherwise you lose your progress - just press home button. Game also keeps save files separately for campaign and endless modes.

Here's another gameplay video, sorry about the quality:
http://www.vimeo.com/14428179
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
It's a beautiful game, very fun, leveling up is quick, combat is smooth, enemy variety is impressive. All the on screen buttons respond very well and hit detection is great.

I have to comment on the progression. I died after about 15 minutes of play and I had to restart the level with a level 0 character. The game is difficult, I'd expect checkpoints or a save feature (as others have commented). I haven't looked and I don't have time to do so, but perhaps I am missing something.

Definitely of high caliber however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisty View Post
just spent a 1/2 hour playing (felt like 5 min) and it. is. fun.

totally worth the $2.99- graphics are polished and the gameplay is quick and responsive. It still has some quirks and like other folks have mentioned would be great if the developers could throw in a save or checkpoint feature. I'd also like to be able to start multiple campaigns with the different characters as well.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-26-2010 at 09:58 AM.

08-25-2010, 05:13 AM
I can see this being another expensive day another one for Sammysin
08-25-2010, 05:14 AM
Holy crap!
08-25-2010, 05:21 AM
Hmm... I know what I'm buying tonight! Hurry up 11pm!

GM of Yslandia
Kylescorpion_GM
Archetype ID: Kylescorpion
GameCenter ID: Kylescorpion Add Me!
08-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Looks awesome !!!
08-25-2010, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
I can see this being another expensive day another one for Sammysin
You seen tomorrow's line-up? It's going to be an expensive day for everyone...
08-25-2010, 06:00 AM
?

To anyone who has an ipod touch 2g and buys it - please tell us about the framerate . I wonder if they implemented a combo system. It's a stupid question - I know, but appstore developers have some kind of a weird warped mentality when it comes to brawlers. The perfect example is - twin blades, where a melee attack is just 1 boring animation, like swinging at a rock in a coal mine with a pick . At least 3 different animations when pushing the same attack button consequently does A LOT to gameplay. It's a fundamental rule of brawlers - yet for some unfathomable reason, appstore devs just ignore it
08-25-2010, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
You seen tomorrow's line-up? It's going to be an expensive day for everyone...
Damn it! What games come out tomorrow?
08-25-2010, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerenPL View Post
Damn it! What games come out tomorrow?
Knights Rush (2.99)
Dodonpachi Resurrection (4.99)
Cave Run (1.99)
R Type (1.99)

All 4 games - $12.00 USD approximately

Pretty good though for 4 games, 2 which are as far as i know remakes/classics, one original new canabalt style, and another which seems like castle crashers, i think everyone should be pleased for a little while, now all i need is rimelands