・Display issue corrected.
・Option setting error corrected

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 09-13-2010 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: v1.0.2
Old 08-25-2010, 05:15 AM
iPad

Default Impressions/reviews

TA Review : http://toucharcade.com/2010/08/26/do...t-hell-heaven/

Quote:
......There's a lot more to Dodonpachi too, like the absolute spot-on relative control system, the excellent brand new music for the iPhone mode, many OpenFeint achievements to unlock, multiple options and difficulty levels, hidden modes, and more. But the bottom line is that if you're a fan of shooters in any way, you'll want to pick up Dodonpachi Resurrection. There's not currently a lite of the game (there's one on the way), but the introductory price of $4.99 will be going for the next few days before jumping to the regular price of $8.99. Also worth noting is that you'll need a 3rd generation device or higher, or an iPad, to run the game due to the insane amount of sprites it pushes at any given time. A veritable love-fest is going on with players in our forums who are enjoying the game as much as I am, and as far as shooters go on the iPhone it doesn't get much better than Dodonpachi Resurrection.
(Full review)
===============
Scoring Explanation Thread http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=65302
===============
User impressions...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujibayashi View Post
Jesus. Just got through the 2nd level and this is just simply an astounding DESTRUCTIVE WORK OF ART. Didn't think ESPGALUDA II could be beaten, but this is like bullet hell enlightenment. I have nothing to say except that every little bit further in the game leaves me a little more astounded. A masterpiece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vally View Post
I've only had a couple of hours to spend on this so far as i'm at work, but I have to say - This is absolutely amazing.

Figuring out the scoring hooks is really, really good fun. Though if you're playing for score on Arcade mode, i'd strongly recommend turning your Hyper Counter to manual. Once you've used your hyper to build up a substantial hit count, storing a full hyper and not using it will give you a massive score multiplier as long as you can maintain the chain.

Currently rank 6 with Type C Strong Style, 4,585,758,717

I *really* want to get better with Power Style, as it seems to be the easiest style to build your Hyper up with:

Normal shot is brilliant for adding to hit counter but not for hyper building.
Boost is brilliant for hyper building but not for adding to hit counter.

So you boost shot until you have hyper,
Use hyper, go into normal shot, cancel all the bullets you can,
Go back to boost shot to build up another hyper gauge while keeping your chain rolling
max out hyper gauge, don't use it, switch to normal shot and keep chain rolling.

= big score.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
I fully appreciate that this game series is new for some people, but for others, like myself, I never imagined I'd have two of their finest on my device. A few years ago I remember pumping in yen after yen after yen to play these are local arcades, but now, they're available for me any time and anywhere.

If you haven't got these games, you should get them - exemplary examples of bullet hells, smoother than butter off a baby's behind and crazier than Jack Nicholson in The shining. Loving it...no, scratch that, loving them. Both of them.

DDP just takes it to that next level and along with all the iDevice changes they've made, buy it now, even if don't have a 3GS (or above)... just buy it and then get an iPad/iPhone4... it'd be one of the best gaming decisions you'll ever make!

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-31-2010 at 03:16 AM..
Old 08-25-2010, 05:33 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

In 16 hours, 30 minutes, this shall be mine... "Reflex-a-buy"...
Old 08-25-2010, 05:35 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Send a message via AIM to russiaone

Did somebody say "Aw, yeah!" That was me, homie! Cannot wait for this. Huzzah!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:04 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Can someone explain the appeal of top-down shooters to me? They bore me somewhat, but I'll get this if someone can convince me otherwise.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom132 View Post
Can someone explain the appeal of top-down shooters to me? They bore me somewhat, but I'll get this if someone can convince me otherwise.
This is bullet hell, not your normal boring top down shooters like 1942.

Bullet Hell games always has a huge cult following on the net.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:42 AM

Bullet hell games like this have a faster pace than most top-down shooters currently available for the Ipod/Iphone. It's best researched by looking at Youtube videos of some bullet hells (don't just look at the end-game, high difficulty videos, those are overwhelming)...and trying them out for free.

Try rRootage which is free for a good example of bullet hell.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:16 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citsade View Post
Bullet hell games like this have a faster pace than most top-down shooters currently available for the Ipod/Iphone. It's best researched by looking at Youtube videos of some bullet hells (don't just look at the end-game, high difficulty videos, those are overwhelming)...and trying them out for free.

Try rRootage which is free for a good example of bullet hell.
But not an exceptionally great example of a CAVE game.

CAVE's shmups differ from most others because of the scoring systems that they implement. If you want an example of how complex some of the scoring systems they put in their shmups can be, check out the ESPGaluda II thread or scoring explanation guide that I helped write with a few other people here.

Their games are excellent due to the way they play for score. You can shoot your way through the whole game probably quite easily but your score will be completely naff until you figure out chaining, how to properly use your hypers, and how to manage your hit counter.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:48 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Oh f yeah!!! Can't wait for this and Cave, you know you want to put Espgaluda II on sale!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:50 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

How big is it to download? Looks great though. Now I have an iPhone 4 and not just a 3G I'll be able to play this one!