★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: God Game With Unlockables?

03-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Good Game With Unlockables?

Hello, can anyone suggest an RPG-ish game with lots of unlockables! I know bobby carrot is nto an rpg but does it have unlockables?

Sorry guys I meant 'good' game!

HEy how do I change the title from God to Good?

Last edited by WispyHelp; 03-07-2009 at 05:09 PM.
03-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Pocket God

03-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Pocket God
I was going to suggest the same upon reading the title, but I think he meant good game.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
03-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
I was going to suggest the same upon reading the title, but I think he meant good game.
Ouch.
Quote:
Bobby Carrot: Does it have unlockables?
Hi Wispy,

Bobby Carrot has normal and secret shop items which you can buy for coins. You need to find/collect the coins first so itīs kind of an unlockable feature. Secret Items are Cheat Blaster, Superkey and Stereo (donīt want to spoil the functions but they are easy to guess ) I think you will enjoy the game!

cheers
Future777
Quote:
Pocket God is not a 'god-game' as ridiculous as that sounds.
The 'god-game' genre, if you will, is a game that is typically top-down in perspective in which you control a character/group of characters with an objective. RTS games can be classified as god-games because you literally control every aspect of one side of the battle.

I'm not sure as though I'd call an RPG game a 'god-game', since you typically only control one character.

In summary, I don't know what type of game you're looking for.
03-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Pocket God is not a 'god-game' as ridiculous as that sounds.
The 'god-game' genre, if you will, is a game that is typically top-down in perspective in which you control a character/group of characters with an objective. RTS games can be classified as god-games because you literally control every aspect of one side of the battle.

I'm not sure as though I'd call an RPG game a 'god-game', since you typically only control one character.

In summary, I don't know what type of game you're looking for.
Pocket God is evolving into the God-game genre, it may not be top down, but objectives (such as wars, etc) are planned for the future.

I think he's looking for a good RPG game with lots of unlockables, perhaps even a strategy game or simply a game with a good story.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
03-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Quote:
ha!
im surprised pocketgod can even be categorized as a game...its not really...more "entertainment."
i dont understand why its so popular...
03-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleceiffel View Post
ha!
im surprised pocketgod can even be categorized as a game...its not really...more "entertainment."
i dont understand why its so popular...
It's evolving into a game, as mentioned earlier.

Not all entertainment is a game, but all games are entertainment.

03-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Hey Wispy, you may want to clarify what you're looking for. I've never seen such a confused bunch...me included...in a single thread