★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Reign of Swords Question

10-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Reign of Swords Question

For those who have it:

Is it worth the money if I'm not able to go online with it very often?

The game sounds and looks like the type of game I would love, but I'm just wondering how far the one-player game will take me. I'm a big fan of replay value, and if the game had randomly-generated battles I would pick it up in a heartbeat. From what I've been able to tell, it has a pretty long one-player game and a lot of online content, but I just don't know if the value is there if I don't use the multiplayer aspect of the game.

Thanks in advance!
10-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyplay View Post
For those who have it:

The game sounds and looks like the type of game I would love, but I'm just wondering how far the one-player game will take me. I'm a big fan of replay value, and if the game had randomly-generated battles I would pick it up in a heartbeat. From what I've been able to tell, it has a pretty long one-player game and a lot of online content, but I just don't know if the value is there if I don't use the multiplayer aspect of the game.

Thanks in advance!
Definitely get it. The one player mode is surprisingly addictive.

The online play only takes a little bit to play. You pretty much make a setup and possibly a strategy and let it go from there. You do it in a minute or in 10 minutes. It depends how involved you want to get.

The one player mode is much more involved.
10-20-2008, 12:27 AM
Send a message via AIM to STP_Steve Send a message via Yahoo to STP_Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyplay View Post
For those who have it:

Thanks in advance!
The one-player mode is worth the price of admission by itself. Multiplayer is fun, but it's very different gameplay-wise.

Steve Palley, www.slidetoplay.com
10-20-2008, 02:32 AM
Thanks for the help!

I think I might end up spending the money. The interactivity with the website and the good reviews for the game are just too much for me to handle!