★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Nanosaur's update is okay but...

03-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Nanosaur's update is okay but...

The game is still a bit unplayable - it's just too hard and this kind of flying game with all those obstacles make the accelerometer unpleasant to use. When Bugdom 2 got a D-pad, the entire game completely changed. 100 percent. If Pangea would just install a D-pad on this, I think that this could be a top seller since as it is right now, the graphics are still top notch and you get to be a laser shooting dinosaur!
03-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Ya, this game never really appealed to me after I bought it. I almost never play the game.

03-07-2009, 04:00 PM
pterydactyl hamburger

it's sad with so much graphics and good production, but I too rarely play as my 3 lives keep crashing into objects and bursting into chunks of dinosaur flesh. Like antimatter, a pretty and beautiful waste of 99 cents.
03-07-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm just going to go out and say it. Billy Frontier left a real awful taste in my mouth too. No offense to anyone but Pangea isn't that hot of a developer.

Their games play like they are created by a bunch of programmers (any devs out there should know what I mean..). What they need is a good designer to come in and right the ship because they are obviously able to get stuff out. Now they just need to make it playable/enjoyable.

Last edited by mrWalrus; 03-07-2009 at 05:43 PM.
03-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrWalrus View Post
I'm just going to go out and say it. Billy Frontier left a real awful taste in my mouth too. No offense to anyone but Pangea isn't that hot of a developer.

Their games play like they are created by a bunch of programmers (any devs out there should know what I mean..). What they need is a good designer to come in and right the ship because they are obviously able to get stuff out. Now they just need to make it playable/enjoyable.
It plays like a bunch of ports that would be good on a computer, but simply too much going on or bad controls on an iDevice. That being said, Enigmo is one of my favorite games
03-07-2009, 04:24 PM
I 100% agree that I'd finally be able to play with a d-pad, or better yet a virtual joystick. The game itself is beautifully rendered and framerte is superb!

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
03-07-2009, 04:32 PM
their games were great on a mac, but trying to put huge control sensitive games on to an iPhone isn't their strong suit. I think Nanosaur needs to have a control scheme like BIA. Joypad for movement, swipe anywhere for view, and fire button.

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything
03-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Was one of the first games I purchased last year when I got my touch and personally I loved it and thought the accelerometer controls were spot on especially with the one touch calibration button. It's actually one of the handful of games I have enjoyed enough to complete and I still dust it off every update and give it another run.
03-07-2009, 04:38 PM
i like the update but i still want more health or lives i always crash into the ground when trying to pick up the darn eggs!
03-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
I can't think of a more frustrating game than Nanosaur. I mean, I want to like it so badly. It really does mirror other consoles' games in terms of graphical quality and potential awesomeness, but the gameplay is just so damn hard. I don't understand why Pangea would release the game like this - they've surely played it and can see how hard it is to use.

I don't think the game is "lost" either. It could still be a huge seller (provided Pangea knocks off that price changing crap - this is a 4 dollar game with a dpad. enough with the changes). I honestly think it's graphics are as close to the best on the iphone as anything else, and the premise works. So why would they just update BugDom and not this? I don't get it.