★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: BnM
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 14.4 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Moblox is a physics puzzle game featuring 120 exciting and brain teasing levels.

The purpose is to make the green blocks fall from the platforms, easy ?! Sure but, as you go along levels, new kinds of block will come to make your task harder !

goiMot's comments:

Special launch price at 0.99€.

Moblox is a physics puzzle game featuring 90 exciting and brain teasing levels.

The purpose is to make the green blocks fall from the platforms, easy ?! Sure but, as you go along levels, new kinds of block will come to make your task harder !
08-26-2010, 12:24 AM
Very cool, probably gonna pick this one up.

What's with all the good game releases and sales tonight?

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.

08-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Must require 4.0
08-26-2010, 09:03 AM
Being a shameless whore for physics games I had to check this out at its intro price.

Generally speaking it's your fairly standard artillery physics type game where you need to 0set aim and trajectory by dragging (much like most pool games) and hit a target with a cannonball -- or in this case, a bunch of targets, in order to score 100 points and pass the level. Each block knocked over earns you 6 points, but there are also neutral blocks (0 points) and red blocks (-6 points) so you need to be careful . There are 3 selectable sizes of ball, each proportionally weighted from smallest and lightest to biggest and heaviest, and each additionally has a proportional score penalty for use, with the smallest costing -5 points and the largest costing -20.

For the most part the level designs are planned out pretty well. There are always enough blocks on the level to score at least the minimum amount to advance to the next level, so long as you don't make too many shots or knock down too many red blocks. If you reach a point where the number of green blocks left isn't enough to score 100 points you'll be asked to restart or quit.

Graphically it's well done if slightly bland; the design works but isn't particularly interested in showing off. It doesn't really need to though, as the physics engine -- the important bit -- is the workhorse here, and it feels accurate, so no complaints on that front, and with 90 levels, it looks like there's plenty of content to enjoy.

It isn't without its flaws though. When down to the wire in terms of points and you have just enough green blocks to clear the level, the game doesn't take into account the minimum ball cost, so the second you fire, you instantly lose the level because the cost of the ball dropped you below the minimum needed to pass. Additionally, some of the level designs feel pointless. I passed two levels where the blocks were arranged line dominoes on four individual platforms, and passing the level merely meant shooting the smallest ball at each one and knocking them all down. It was rather unimaginative brute force level design that felt cheap, and that's similar to a feeling I got with a lot of levels.

Many of them are very fiddy and a little frustrating or boring. It is fun when levels require precision, and it is fun with levels require you to topple a crapload of blocks in a manner that satisfies that same area of the brain that loves popping bubble wrap. What's not particularly fun is when both are involved, requiring multiple precision shots to clear out a bunch of tiny blocks. Then your bubble wrap pleasure point is tempered by the WHY DO I KEEP MISSING THAT &%$#*& SHOT! nerve center.

What seems to be the problem with this game is that is tries to combine those two fun aspects of artillery physics games into one without understanding that they don't play nice with each other; trying to finesse precision shots at a lovely house-of-cards tower of blocks you just want to whang full power at is kind of anticlimactic. The precision levels build the tension, and the bubble wrap levels release it, and never (or at least rarely) the twain should meet.

In the end the game is a whole lotta pause/restart trial-and-error and level designs that are hit or miss as far as enjoyability is concerned. That's not to say that the game isn't enjoyable, but my overall impression left me feeling that it should be more enjoyable than it is; there are too many frustrating moments and constant restarts, and for me, that hampers even my desire to get back to playing. I probably will, because it's still not a bad little game, but it isn't the sort where I'm likely to want to go back and try to improve my scores.

Incidentally, there does appear to be a global leaderboard and achievement system, but it is proprietary and does not use any of the common social gaming platforms.

Overall I'd still give it a 7/10. Nice, good for the asking price -- maybe even worth a couple bucks or so in today's App Store climate, but it needs work if it wants to be truly fun.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
09-09-2010, 07:34 AM
I thought this was called Botox, still it rhymes with it, so I'm going to give it a go.

Invaders Must Die.
07-16-2011, 01:20 PM
It's funny that there's a new release of this game (but with HD on it) that is released by different developer - and it's FREE.
Is it like a marketing strategy?
I think this game is quite fun. Download it now if you haven't.

07-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
even the screens are the same... that's a little... weird... oO