★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pocket Creatures - Episode 5: "Leap Frog" Released!

08-26-2010, 02:51 AM
Pocket Creatures - Episode 5: "Leap Frog" Released!

Hi guys! We are back from summer holiday! While sitting at the beach and drinking cold beers we have been working on a new, free update for Pocket Creatures! It has been a great holiday where the team has visited exotic places such as Brazil, Shanghai and even London. All the traveling has filled us with renewed energy and inspiration for new Pocket Creatures Updates and totally new game concepts! Seeing happy football fans running about in the streets of London jumping around in water fountains - while being chased by the police has really made my imagination run wild - just wait 'till you see the concept I've come up with

But that is a story for another time, back to the update:

In this update we have created yet another big minigame; “Leap Frog”. In Leap Frog you play as frog jumping for dear life across a hazardous pond filled with rocks, logs, Platypuses and water lilies! If you can survive long enough you’ll earn cool new Achievements and Rewards for your creature! Remember, to activate Leap Frog you most first find and feed the hungry Frog
Below is an overview of some of the new features in Pocket Creatures - Episode 5.
- Find and feed the hungry Frog!
- Guide bugs to their destination in the addictive "Bug Control" mini game!
- Earn the New Achievements and Rewards to make your creature look cooler than ever before!
- iPhone 4 and iOS 4 compatible

And don’t forget all the other minigames

Note: Remember to login in to you Open Feint account and restart the game (if you have a creature saved on your Open Feint account).

Hope you enjoy the update - see you on the leader boards!

Cheers

MacD

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-creatures/id356110521?mt=8

Last edited by MacDaddy; 08-26-2010 at 10:43 AM.
08-26-2010, 03:38 AM
Quick Note: The Update has been reviewed and approved by Apple - now it is being "processed" so it should be available very soon!

Fingers crossed

MacD

08-26-2010, 03:55 AM
It's out

Can't wait to get some new achievements
08-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedDevil View Post
It's out

Can't wait to get some new achievements
Go get 'em!

My unofficial Leap Frog record is 818 - try to beat that!

MacD
08-26-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm more and more reluctant to start up this game since attending the plant is getting too repetitive and tedious. We should be able to train our creature to attend the plants himself and only if he fails (say, if he's sick or lazy) that we must take care of the plants ourselves (plus curing / punishing the creature).

I just want to spend time playing with my creature instead of the plants.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
08-26-2010, 09:43 AM
@don_k

Remember if you fill the anteater until it almost explodes you can quickly water 10 or 20 plants. Also is you make your creature Happy you can use it's rainbow power as fertilizer. All in all your can top off all the plants' needs in a minute or two - and not having to worry about them for the next half hour.

However we could turn the tending needed way down in the next update if people prefer that?

Cheers

MacD

PS.: Plants doesn't use resources while you play mini-games
08-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Down to .99

REALLY WORTH IT!!
08-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
Bought

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
08-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVaro View Post
Bought
Good!
So I was correct, it was worth it?
08-27-2010, 03:24 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camihq View Post
Good!
So I was correct, it was worth it?
I beta tested it so I was well aware of the features, I just couldn't resist it at this price

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo