Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-26-2010, 03:44 PM
iPad

Default Final Freeway - (universal app) Fast-paced pure arcade racing game (v1.5 Out)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
Fast-paced pure arcade racing game.

** Promotional launch price! Limited time only **

- Impressive frame rate (even on iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G)
- Six exciting and diverse levels
- Three original sound tracks
- iPad and Retina display support !
- Very responsive and fun accelerometer steering
- Optional touch-based steering
- Optional accelerometer-based aligned horizon
- Normal and Expert play modes

The fun is back!

Quote:
What's New In Version 1.1
** NOTICE for iPad users: Please use the iPad with the Home button on the left (will be fixed in the next update)
---------------
Maintenance update:
- Added automatic screen orientation
- Improved iPad controls
- Improved iPad font rendering
- Various bug fixes

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 09-02-2010 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: v1.1
Old 08-26-2010, 03:44 PM
iPad

Default Impressions/reviews

TA Review : http://toucharcade.com/2010/08/30/fi...hone-and-ipad/

Quote:
The 1986 arcade classic OutRun, with its easy to pick up gameplay and simplistic mechanics, seems like it would be a perfect fit for the iPhone. It's strange then, given the wealth of racing games on the App Store, that no one has taken a serious stab at an OutRun-inspired game yet. Now, developer Oyatsukai.com has risen to this challenge with their first iPhone game Final Freeway, and delivered in fairly impressive fashion. Final Freeway does an excellent job at capturing the feel of the original OutRun, while offering tight controls with multiple configurations and a terrific sense of speed that runs well even on older devices...
(Full Review)
==============
Reader Impressions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epox View Post
This game has okay graphics and great controls. The music is also interesting too. But there is a lack of content. But its worth the .99 for hardcore racers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Nicely polished, pretty fun game. If you're an Outrun fan you can't go wrong with this for a buck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
nice outrun type game. but i m not happy with the touch controls.why dont you just give us a left right arrow. slide dont work very well. the acceleration button should be below the brake button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchChatterbox View Post
****: Detour from the Zombie Highway onto the Final Freeway: shaking off zombies is fun but hard work. Unwind with the pure joy speeding along in a sportscar brings. Time to put the pedal down and GO, GO, GO!!! An Outrun for iPhone in all but name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHolliss View Post
Nice retro racer, is well thought out and plays well, is nippy even on a second generation Touch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidbottle View Post
dismissed this a few days ago as a cheap outrun knockoff but glad TA gave a glowing report on this, quickly nabbed afterwards

top marks to the dev of this, a real class homeage to a legendary game that has been sadly under represented on the appstore till now.

the gfx are crisp as ya like on HD display, nice draw distance so cars dont feel like theyve popped into yer face! sense of speed is excellent, runs so so smooth and sound fx compliment the drive all the way. controls on the slide bar are quite small and ive found myself missing the bar entirely leading to clipping the trees, but am sure practice will resolve that as there otherwise nice n smooth.

if this does get updates id love ye olden split junction choice (or would sega's lawyers panic ) in which route you could take. outrunners was my personal favourite arcade game and loved the extras like birds flying across the screen and small but irrelevant details happening in the background.

a few more undulating tracks would fit nicely here also, mountainous regions n such.

only downside bar game length atm is the lack of a good crash animation when it flips over. yes, i do want a full on outrun clone

all in all for 99c/59p we have a winner here if you have even the remotest interest in outrun or indeed any oldskool racer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornkeizers View Post
You guys did an awesome job. Just completed a few games on my iPod and iPad. It really captures that retro racer feel. Definitely takes me back to Outrun, Lamborghini Challenge, etc. I can tell this was made with passion for the genre.

I'd definitely like to see some more tracks if possible... and a choice of car would be cool as well. Preferably not all Ferraris like the current Outruns, but rather a cool selection of 80's / 90's super cars. I'm thinking Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV in white, yellow Lotus Esprit etc. I'd happily pay you a buck or two for a car option / DLC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto_Machado View Post
I got the game today, and the Out-Run song kept playing in my head. The in-game songs made no impression. Either custom songs or some new, pulse-pouding songs are a must.

I don't see much point in extra cars besides aesthetics, as this doesn't seem to be that kind of game (where you need to plan which cars to use, speed, handling, etc). It kinda goes against the laid-back, "just-drive" feel?

Maybe if they decided to add a racing mode against other cars that would make sense, but at this point all i "need" are custom songs and/or more songs. Braching and more backgrounds would be nice, but at 99c i'm fine with just a custom songs update down the line. If i had paid $1.99 or $2.99 then yeah, i would ask for some more content. If you add extra backgrounds, please think of us on 2nd and 1st Gen, please...

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 09-02-2010 at 10:53 AM..
Old 08-26-2010, 03:45 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Hmmm, reminds me of Cruisin' USA and Outrun.

Out of iTunes dollars, will have to see if anyone TOFTT...
Old 08-26-2010, 03:50 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Just got it wait.. Review coming up in 15 minutes.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:37 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Default Game Impressions

This game has okay graphics and great controls. The music is also interesting too. But there is a lack of content. But its worth the .99 for hardcore racers.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:47 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

great remind me classics
Old 08-26-2010, 06:41 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Why has this thread fallen back so much? It looks awesome!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:56 PM

wow , sega called and they want there outrun back!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:01 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epox View Post
Just got it wait.. Review coming up in 15 minutes.
You must have a crapload of money!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:02 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusionaltool View Post
wow , sega called and they want there outrun back!
Then they better come and get it! Wait, wrong joke. Something about a refrigerator......