★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Theseus

10-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Theseus

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=292035008&mt=8

First off, I love these kinds of puzzles. I recommend trying it you like puzzles, or are just up for a challenge.

For those of you that bought it: How the (explicit) do you beat level 10? There are more than 80 levels and they, for some reason, decided to put a really tough one in the beginning. The puzzles after it are no where near as challenging.
10-20-2008, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=292035008&mt=8

First off, I love these kinds of puzzles. I recommend trying it you like puzzles, or are just up for a challenge.

For those of you that bought it: How the (explicit) do you beat level 10? There are more than 80 levels and they, for some reason, decided to put a really tough one in the beginning. The puzzles after it are no where near as challenging.

Minotaur! I love this game. This will most likely be my next purchase

10-20-2008, 02:06 AM
you can skip 10 if you wish...but it took me a good 20 mins to figure it out

don't read if you don't want this hint

but to far left side by exit in trap ....get him there.....then once you do that you should be able to figure it out..don't want to give away any other hints.
10-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
you can skip 10 if you wish...but it took me a good 20 mins to figure it out

don't read if you don't want this hint

but to far left side by exit in trap ....get him there.....then once you do that you should be able to figure it out..don't want to give away any other hints.
I actually did that. I'm still stuck for some reason. Some of these puzzles will have real simple answers, but somehow seem impossible.
10-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Here is quote from programmer email I got from him. "Also, from what Robert Abbott told me, they sprinkled "hard" levels into the difficulty progression to act as mini-boss levels. There's no shame in skipping a level if it's too hard - I find that when I get stuck on some levels, if I move on, then come back later I can look at it from another perspective."

Ok here are four key locations you need to get him...don't peek at all hints. Try to do it till you get stuck otherwise your whack yourself with a brick thinking why didn't I think of that.
hint 1
hint 2
hint 3
hint 4
10-20-2008, 05:13 PM
this reminds me of PopCaps MummyMaze

I wonder if they developer will upgrade the graphics
to an actual Minotaur
10-20-2008, 05:27 PM
It was so obvious!

@Mek
I've played that Mummy game before. That's atually how I discovered this type of game. I think Theseus and the Minotaur was first though. This is supposed to be the same levels, just different graphics, etc.
10-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Perhaps the most notable thing about Mummy Maze is that PopCap, who's been criticized for its clones in the past, belatedly licensed the game from Abbott. According to Ed Pegg, Jr., "PopCap inadvertantly copied the idea for their game Mummy Maze. Soon after realizing their error, the PopCap company apologized to Robert, paid him, and now are giving him credit." I considered probing deeper into this legal mystery, but since everyone seems happy, I thought it best to let sleeping dogs lie.
source

Mummy Maze would be great to have on the iPhone too. Actually they're different levels...they copied the idea not the actual mazes. Added scorpions too...moves just 1 space, etc.
02-04-2010, 05:53 PM
whoa this thread is from 08

THESEUS IS ON SALE FOR $.99 USD!!!

Top notch puzzler! Cant recommend this enough. Major steal for only a dollar. One of my oldest games and I refuse to delete it from my touch (mainly since I haven't yet gotten through all the content).

[EPIC SIGNATURE] shumby [/EPIC SIGNATURE]

Last edited by Shumby; 02-04-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: del quote
02-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Really nice game, but I've been stuck on Level 15 for about a year!!!