Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-26-2010, 06:34 PM
iPad

Default Super Mega Worm - (Universal) [v1.7 - Mecha Wojira DLC, Joypad Support, SMW vs Santa]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/app/super-mega-worm-lite/id393822090?mt=8

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 10-06-2010 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: lite
Old 08-26-2010, 06:34 PM
iPad

Default Impressions/reviews

TA Review (conclusions..)

Quote:
Though it is a lot of fun chewing through everything with a giant worm, we can't help but feel there's more that could be done with the game, particularly to address pacing issues and make it more gratifying early on. There are also no online high scores or achievements in Super Mega Worm; something we thought would have been staple in a game like this, considering its flash origins and focus on scores and multipliers. With the official Death Worm game by Playcreek on the horizon too– toting a number of added game modes, locations and features– we can't help but feel gamers may want to wait to decide for themselves which version is best.

On the plus side, developers Deceased Pixel have also promised additional levels, enemies and modes in future updates, so it seems the battle for worm king has only just begun. In any case, be sure to play Effing Worms on Flash and check out the trailers to see what you're getting yourselves into and visit our forums for our readers' opinions on just how juicy this worm really is.
http://toucharcade.com/2010/08/27/su...a-worm-review/

===============
Forum Impressions..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epox View Post
The graphics are beautiful and so is the eating. The game-play is virtually perfect and fun to play. There is not much replay value though. Even though you can do different moves and level up the main objective is just to eat humans and cows and occasional cars. The controls are very trick. There are 2 controls a slider and of course tilt. Both of these work but I would prefer a d-pad or joystick control. Also there is no leaderboard which is almost mandatory in endless type of games. This is not worth $2.99 I am sorry to say. Wait for a sale, this app should not cost more than $1.99.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
l
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I guess I'm curious about how RANDOMIZED elements are in these levels? What does break reputability for me is real gimmicky puzzle levels...
From what I've experienced, it's pretty random... you guide the worm through a series of levels and with each, new elements are introduced, your worm gets longer, you gain more abilities, and new enemies. From that point of view... it's scripted... but, as to where those enemies appear, how many seem to appear, their actions and responses, well, they seem to be fairly random. I've heard nothing of this game until it hit TA but now I'm enjoying it quite a lot...

...What I don't get is where people feel it's not worth the $2.99. I think, compared to Canabalt et al... it's a perfect complement. The only learning curve is the controls and how to use the abilities as you gain them. Quite a cool thing here, those abilities are dependent on whether you're above the ground or below, whether your jumping up or falling down.

I think you'd enjoy it (but don't shoot me if you don't)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusionaltool View Post
this game rocks, ive always wanted to play a game where i was the worm from tremors....i really love the home icon its fantastic tremors homage, the entire game is, love the tremor mode as they were blind and went by sound so you cant see anything above when underground good stuff!!!!!

i think you should have the upgrade choices when you level up like in the flash game then having it upgrade for you....

fun stuff tho guys!!! im gonna go home and watch tremors now ROFL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROFACES View Post
I just beat the game and....WOW!!! That was awesome! Definitely worth every cent of the $3 IMO

I really can't wait to see some new levels, upgrades, and enemies!!! Some suggestions I thought of during my epic 2 hour playthrough:

•The pause menu needs these options: RESUME, OPTIONS, & QUIT. The whole "tap to continue" has hurt me a few times as after I've paused, I have accidentally hit the screen and unpaused...and died. Also, being able changing controls in mid-play (as apposed to having to quit to menu) seems only fair, as well as being able to turn the sound on/off.
•Although I like the high-score aspect of the game (death = main menu), I'd like to see SOME sort of save feature, maybe even a 3 LIFE checkpoint system for every level. It took me about half a dozen times to finally beat the game!
•When we advance a level (whether or not we gain an ability) I'd like the game to momentarily pause to tell me that i'm advancing, what my stats were for the previous level and what the requirements are for the next level. And most importantly: MAKE THE CONTINUE BUTTON AWAY FROM THE GAS/SPIT BUTTON!!! I didn't get to see what the final ability was because I was frantically tapping the SPIT button and so the ability description appeared and disappeared in an instance, because I accidentally pressed continue!!! So when we level up, freeze the game and tell us IN DETAIL what it is we've achieved, and then let us continue when we're ready
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I suck horribly at the game...but am having fun with it.

I think I figured something out that might explain a little bit about the seemingly inconsistent pacing. That being, you set the pace to a large degree.

The only way things will progress is when you evolve and you only evolve when you eat enough people. You can hang out on a level scoring points somewhat indefinitely by bumping cars and eating animals, which can score you huge points and fill your tummy but does nothing to advance you to later stages with cool powers and more interesting opposition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
I seriously love this game!! Once you get used to the controls, it's a blast. I like how you get to keep your special abilities even when you die and have to start over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovorcen View Post
I am liking the game but finding the controls very difficult. I end up turning in circles or turning the wrong direction and unable to eat what i want. Then missing the food die real quick.

I am not sure what is screwing me up maybe I am expecting the direction of turn to be inverted. Not sure cant place my finger on why I am struggling to control this beast. I had the same trouble with the effing worms game online as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamando View Post
Picked this up today. A very nice little title.
I love me a good retro, pixel-art game, and this fits the bill very nicely. I can't wait to see more come of it, though. Environments, game modes, maybe an upgrade system similar to Effing Worms. That would all be very nice.
The controls are somewhat finnicky, but my thoughts are that it just takes some getting used to in the end. No worries.

So far my Highscore is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsalive View Post
I used to think this was a copycat, and it still is, but now I think of it this way.

The developers probably loved Death Worm and Effing Worms, and they wondered why a game like this wasn't on the iPhone (As have I - if I'd had the Money and knowledge I would've made this months ago) and decide to make one. They announce it and then JTR gets outraged (as anyone would, I suppose, though imitation is flattery) and gets PlayCreek to announce theirs, which they had probably been already making for him. Then DeceasedPixel gets burned as the unofficial version. So I feel for them.

After buying this I can also see the tons of effort that went into this, it's really fun to play, I prefer tilt mode, maybe because I'm a veteran Deathwormer and I just seem to be able to play it like that because it reminds me of the arrow keys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
This is one of the most addicting games I've played in the past few months. Really cool stuff for a pickup and play arcade game.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 09-02-2010 at 11:31 AM..
Old 08-26-2010, 06:38 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Hell, yeah. This week started off great, now it's ending awesome
Old 08-26-2010, 06:46 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via AIM to jwei44

The game looks great but from the video it looks endless. I don't think I'm
paying 3$ for an endless game
Old 08-26-2010, 06:46 PM
iPad

wojira lol! i see what they did there...
Old 08-26-2010, 06:48 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I'll pick this up soon, I'm pretty tired of buying stuff now.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:51 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
I'll pick this up soon, I'm pretty tired of buying stuff now.
better edit your sig then
Old 08-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Banned
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Just bought it, I am busy doing something else. But if anyone wants a review I will give them one. Just ask!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:57 PM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epox View Post
Just bought it, I am busy doing something else. But if anyone wants a review I will give them one. Just ask!
Review please.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:00 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Seems pretty cool so far, but the pace of the game is a little weird. I had to play for a good ten minutes before much really happened and I got a new ability. Really curious to see what PlayCreek is releasing with their official Death Worm game.