★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Itchy Mitshi
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 11.8 MB
  • Version: 1.6
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 3.5 (2)
App description: As Previously Featured in the "WHAT WE ARE PLAYING" Category

On sale for .99$ for a limited time!

What the media is saying:

"Ponk seems to have found another way to keep things exciting in the Match-3 world, and have even come up with a fun and exciting addition for Match-3 games on a touch screen." 148apps.com

"a nice change of pace for the match three genre giving you solid arcade action as you can drag around the falling pieces. " Appadvice.com

"a fascinatingly addictive challenge." CNET

"ponk is a bright, juicy and vibrant, oozing its charm all over the screen" Appspy

"Ponk is a worthwhile purchase for match-three puzzler fans looking for something a little more interesting than another Bejeweled clone." PocketGamers

"Give it a shot if you want to try something new with the old dropping-block genre." TUAW App of the day on 11/04

"Ponk is a nicely put together match 3+ puzzler with decent replayability and a smooth interface." SlapApp

Ponk is a brand new approach to the traditional Match 3 game so many of you love.

In Ponk, enjoy highly colored and dynamic gameplay where you can freeze time, use bombs , master combos , match bright colored blobs and much more!

Ponk comes with worldwide leaderboards and over 43 achievements to unlock. The new update includes full Game Center integration, a local leaderboard for offline use, a new help section, a new tutorial, new backgrounds for each mode and the adjustment of overall difficulty levels.

FEATURES:

-FREEZE TIME
-GAME CENTER ENABLED
-3 DIFFICULTY LEVELS
-3 GAME MODES
-SMOOTH ANIMATIONS
-POLISHED GRAPHICS
-TAKE CONTROL OF TIME BY MASTERING THE FREEZE MODE
-43 COOL ACHIEVEMENTS TO UNLOCK
-AUTOSAVE GAME SESSIONS
-iOS 4 COMPATIBLE

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Quote:
☆☆☆ MALAYSIA TOP 100 PUZZLE/ACTION GAME & TOP 200 ALL GAMES, TOP 200 GROSSING PUZZLE GAME IN FRANCE , AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA , DENMARK & ITALY ☆☆☆

It's a non-stop poppin' action !

Ponk is the exciting iPhone and iPod Touch app that every gamer wants.

The concept is chaining falling colored balls to make them blow. Fast decision making and item using skills are required to succeed in Ponk!

Adding to this an original special 5 levels "gauge bar" that freezes the time allowing you to switch the ball's position for a limited amount of time.

Play speed increases and new colors show up as you go. You will need fast reflexes to conquer this one.

Ponk is Openfeint integrated, so you can compete with the world for the best scores and unlock achievements as you play.

Get ready to get Ponk'd !

FEATURES

-3 Game Modes :

KLASSIK : Make color chains and as big combos as you can to access the magic freeze.. it freezes the time and helps you clear the board. Use it wisely : "with great power comes great responsibility".

TIME ATTACK : Whatever you do, act fast. The clock is ticking! Make enough pops and get more time.

KABOUM : Clear the levels to save the Ponks. This mode offers new crazy bomb items.

-SMOOTH ANIMATIONS

-POLISHED GRAPHICS

-OFFLINE / ONLINE LEADERBOARDS

-TAKE CONTROL OF TIME BY MASTERING THE FREEZE MODE

-OPENFEINT & FACEBOOK FULLY INTEGRATED

-3 DIFFICULTY LEVELS

-3 GAME MODES

-AUTOSAVE GAME SESSIONS

-MULTITASK iOS 4 COMPATIBLE
iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ponk/id387705992?mt=8
08-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Great. Now I've got Armand van Helden stuck in my head. DAMN YOU.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

08-26-2010, 10:41 PM
You're running yourself ragged with all these threads today!

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-26-2010 at 10:59 PM. Reason: quote removed
08-27-2010, 10:40 AM
I know TG3G likes the look of this a lot. Hope to see her in here soon.

Invaders Must Die.
08-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Great little game I can see this being big not as easy as it looks either
08-27-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm confused about how it works, can't tell how to play it by looking at the info or even watching the video. the production value looks nice - anyone have any words yet?
08-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcaseGames View Post
I'm confused about how it works, can't tell how to play it by looking at the info or even watching the video. the production value looks nice - anyone have any words yet?
Same, watched the video a few times, still no idea.
08-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Same, watched the video a few times, still no idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcaseGames View Post
Hi,

You seem to have trouble guessing how Ponk works. Here's a tutorial video explaining how to play.. and some of the features!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hope you will enjoy the game !
08-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Please consider changing these phrases...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
08-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the developers and congrats on a great game