★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Do devs have a ability to port Braid

03-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Do devs have a ability to port Braid

I was watching a vid of Braid and it looks as if this could be ported. What do you think?

Now Playing: Doodle Jump, Card Ace, Blackjack, GTA, We Rule
Looking Forward to: Bioshock iPod
Recent purchases: GTA
03-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Well the Devs definitely have the ability, but the problem being is, there if no free source code, and even if they wanted to port it, they would have to get permission from the developers and probably pay those Devs the majority of their income from the App Store.

So the only way you might see that on the App Store would be if the Devs of Braid did it themselves.
03-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Braid's an indie game. The question is whether Jonathan Blow has any interest in the iPlatform. There's also a possibility that Microsoft has some interest in the title. When doing XBLA games there are several types of deals a developer can take. Hopefully, Jonathan Blow has complete control of the intellectual property. If so, then it just comes down to his preference.
03-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Status View Post
Braid's an indie game. The question is whether Jonathan Blow has any interest in the iPlatform. There's also a possibility that Microsoft has some interest in the title. When doing XBLA games there are several types of deals a developer can take. Hopefully, Jonathan Blow has complete control of the intellectual property. If so, then it just comes down to his preference.
Could be done easily. He is porting this over to PC and supposedly Mac, and the difficulty of porting from Mac to iPhone is very easy.

I would just prefer him to make a new game though, i have already bought and beat this one on the 360.
03-08-2009, 12:19 AM
It all pretty much comes down to choice.