★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth Defense by Glu

08-27-2010, 11:27 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth Defense by Glu

http://toucharcade.com/2010/08/27/up...y-time-warped/

Quote:
Lord of the Rings: Middle-Earth Defense – Not surprising based on the name, this is a new tower defense game using the LOTR license. The developers have chosen 7 key battles from the entire movie series to comprise the 18 levels in the game. There will be a total of 16 unit types, including the four hobbits from the story and five powerful hero units based on main characters from the movies. All units will be able to upgrade attributes in attack, speed, range, and skill. Additionally the hero units will have special attacks that can be upgraded, like Gandalf who can rain down a hail of fireballs on the ten progressively more difficult enemies in the game.
Barriers will play a large part in the strategy of playing Middle-Earth Defense. Enemy paths are mapped out as you're placing units, and barriers like wood can be placed to block parts of their path and direct them towards your defenses. There will be incentive to keep playing in the form of a challenge mode after you beat the 18 levels of the story mode. Items can be unlocked during the story for use in this challenge mode, and there are trophies to be earned as well. Right now everything is in the game and functioning, and they're just at the balancing point in the game. We'll have to wait and see how well the gameplay gets balanced before the early December release, and pricing has yet to be determined, but at this point it's looking very nice graphically and should really appeal to fans of Lord of the Rings and tower defense games

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-27-2010 at 11:31 AM.
08-27-2010, 11:29 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
coming out in Dec/10.

08-27-2010, 12:11 PM
mmm... controls look a bit clunky and looking from the example, the game looks very linear. What I mean is that unlike others like Field Runners you seemed to b locked in a very confined space with only a few spaced to place objects. This more or less ruins the addictive feel of a great Tower Defence.

However, I like the graphics and especially your men being able to run up and attack enemies (however this looks a bit weird as they don't attack back.

www.oneclickmac.com - News, Reviews and Discussion on Mac App Store Gaming.

Latest Reviews:
RAGE Mafia II Doodle Fit
08-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
coming out in Dec/10.
how you know that?

Gamertag - dominator246
08-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmud101 View Post
...however this looks a bit weird as they don't attack back.
Yep. Definitely looks weird. Since when are Orcs pacifists?

I think the game would feel a lot different if your guys could die. And by different, I mean better. I was kind of excited when I saw this thread, but after watching the video... Meh.

We'll see what happens.
08-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Now this looks very interesting.
10-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Speaking of LOTR....I'll have some updates for you guys in the coming weeks
10-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glu_Ramon View Post
Speaking of LOTR....I'll have some updates for you guys in the coming weeks
Thanks for the update, was getting ready to put this in the Forgotten section.
10-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Looks cool

Last edited by Greyhoundgames; 10-21-2010 at 02:14 PM.