★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Any way to improve the screen sensitivity or smoothness or slipperiness?

08-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Any way to improve the screen sensitivity or smoothness or slipperiness?

Any way to improve the sensitivity or smoothness or slipperiness of the screen?
(Or maybe there's a way to make my fingers smoother?)

When I play Fruit Ninja or Paper Ninja, sometimes my fingers glide nice and easy over the screen, and I do really well, but after a while they begin to have some resistance, and the strokes don't register as well. Then I lose.

The first thing I thought of was Rain-X, a product for making a car windshield smoother, so rain beads up. But I couldn't find much discussion of this kind of thing on the net.

Any ideas, tips, tricks?
08-27-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't have any tips but that happens with my fingers/screen too. I hate it when my fingers do that when playing Dual-Stick games... :/

08-27-2010, 05:28 PM
get a good screen cover?

Add me on GameCenter (and every other network!) my user ID is kushykush on all of them!
08-27-2010, 05:31 PM

Hakuna Matata
08-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
natural too? damn.
08-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrotran View Post
Any way to improve the sensitivity or smoothness or slipperiness of the screen?
(Or maybe there's a way to make my fingers smoother?)

When I play Fruit Ninja or Paper Ninja, sometimes my fingers glide nice and easy over the screen, and I do really well, but after a while they begin to have some resistance, and the strokes don't register as well. Then I lose.

The first thing I thought of was Rain-X, a product for making a car windshield smoother, so rain beads up. But I couldn't find much discussion of this kind of thing on the net.

Any ideas, tips, tricks?
I can't believe you actually posted this lol

It's called "sweat" and it most likely happens to every iDevice gamer out there, except those with over/inactive hormones.

I would suggest either putting two small pieces of scotch tape on the ends of your thumbs (i used to do this while playing minigore and my iPod still registered my touch strangely enough), or buy a very thick screen protector. I find the iDevice glass is especially bad for sticking to a hot, sweaty thumb. I have found, however, that a thick screen protecter seems to glide much better even when you're sweating profusely.

Naturally, there's no way to EVER stop your thumbs from sticking to the screen after about 5 minutes of playing, but combining tape and a better screen protecter will bring you closer to a smoother gameplay experience
08-27-2010, 05:59 PM
It's sweat and dirt sticking to the screen...

Washhands and Idevice with soap and water (just wipe the device screen with some soap and wipe it off with a very slightly damp tissue or whatever.)

Get any screen protector. I got the one that came with the 'flip' idevice protector from Apple.

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free
08-27-2010, 09:42 PM
I clean my screen when that happens, along with the aforementioned wash your hands

Add me on Gamecenter and Twitter - Justlegos
Games I've Tested
08-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROFACES View Post
... buy a very thick screen protector. I find the iDevice glass is especially bad for sticking to a hot, sweaty thumb. I have found, however, that a thick screen protecter seems to glide much better even when you're sweating profusely....
Why should the screen protector be thick?
08-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
That or sandpaper

Yay 500 posts!