★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Have any of you bought iPicross?

03-08-2009, 02:55 AM
Send a message via MSN to Lukearcade22
Have any of you bought iPicross?

I was wondering,

i need a good picross game that updates regularly

and i think iPicross could do the trick, but before i buy it, i was wondering if any of you guys have got it.

I would be surprised if GatorDeb did not

But what is it like?
Are the puzzle varied in difficulty?
Is the menu clear and the music?

thanks guys,
Lukearcade22

*i would insert a link, but not sure how to*

Games I am Playing: Aiko Island, World Mosaics, Mage Gauntlet, Puzzle Quest, Time Geeks, Roll In The Hole and Sunday Lawn

Game Center ID: Lukearcade22

Last edited by Lukearcade22; 03-08-2009 at 02:58 AM.
03-08-2009, 02:57 AM
iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306972653&mt=8

I go to the itunes page of the app, right click on the app icon, copy the link and paste it in here....

Twitter: @Zincous

03-08-2009, 05:29 AM
Looks good, I love picross. Anyone going to TOFTT?
03-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Appears to be another languge.

German, maybe?
03-08-2009, 08:26 AM
I think GatorDeb will take this, she claimed that she owns every picross app.
Wait for her review!

edit: oops, already mentioned...
03-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Send a message via MSN to Lukearcade22

i will be, being as she is the Picross champion on here

Ithink there are two languages, German and English

The developers are German

Games I am Playing: Aiko Island, World Mosaics, Mage Gauntlet, Puzzle Quest, Time Geeks, Roll In The Hole and Sunday Lawn

Game Center ID: Lukearcade22
03-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Yes it's german.
03-08-2009, 09:04 AM
I might give this ago, but I'm a bit dubious about puzzle size and difficulty.

Pixelcross was tauted as being of a decent difficulty level, but I found it to be far too easy. By far the most difficult part was navigating around. I didn't use the x button once, and pretty comfortably broke most of the staff records. BTW I wouldn't consider myself a picross expert, as most of the people I see doing real picross puzzles here in japan seem to be at the same level/speed as me.
03-08-2009, 10:42 AM
I did buy it yesterday night

But when I search for it on the Touch, the name comes up but when I click it says no apps found. So I wasn't able to play it. Going to try again in a few minutes. I can't use the PC because it's too much hassle to organize all those apps for sync, easier to organize on the Touch.

Well I was able to download it and like it so far. The controls are great - swipe to mark, and if you are swiping over a spot that is already marked it doesn't unswipe (some Picross games have this problems and it annoys the hell out of me).

To the dev if he's here - do you plan to make future levels downloadable? PixelCross has online levels but I really want to be able to download packs you make and packs other people make.

I'd say go for it! And it's only a buck!

Last edited by GatorDeb; 03-08-2009 at 11:02 AM.
03-10-2009, 03:03 AM
I'm one of the devs of iPicross. I'm happe that you like it so far. We a currently developing new features like uploaded puzzles created with the editor and a rating system.

to answer your questions:
@langs: the app has two langs, german and english
@download: you can already download new puzzles with the build in downloader in the puzzle list.

happy ipicrossing
sucram