★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A breathtaking space-shooter game. Every minute on thin ice, face to face with merciless enemies. You are the one to save the galaxy.

Strengthen your forces with cool weapons: from common machinegun to plasma gun and ion shell. In time of need you can't go without homing missiles to annihilate the enemy.

Enjoy various bonuses making you win in mortal combat.

After completing every three levels you'll meet a super-boss on your way. This ship-killer has unique skills and super armaments, which can in a matter of seconds reduce you to ashes. It's only your skills and weapons that will help you to survive. If you don't want to die at the very start of the game, you need powerful guns!

Top Features:
Lots of enemies with sophisticated skills and heavy armaments
Multiple bonuses to improve your fighting skills
Superior graphics will take you out of this world
Tutorial to help you make first steps
OpenFeint support
05-24-2010, 09:40 PM
I find this game to actually be pretty entertaining. It starts off slow, but once your weapons are fairly upgraded it gets pretty fun.

05-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Really? I thought the game was boring.
05-25-2010, 04:42 AM
controls are fat crap, but I think this game has some potential. I played it in the ace mode to the last boss and can underline what aldex said, once you got more weapons the game is entertaining for some time
08-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Space Storm (shooter $0.99)

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/space-storm/id299789210?mt=8

Space Storm a side-scrolling shooting video game of the Shot em up genre developed for the iPhone platform. Since its release for Apple's iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices, over a million of copies of the game have been purchased.

Game Play

A player runs a space ship loaded with different weapons. The ship can fly both vertically and horizontally within the borders of the game screen. At the beginning of each level the space is empty but during the flight certain enemy ships and obstacles appear on the screen. Enemies can fly freely on the screen making tricks and special moves. The purpose of the game is to kill as many enemy objects as possible, including asteroids. After certain amount of enemy objects is destroyed a player gets different bonuses, i.e. healing packs, weapons upgrades, double-power packs, etc. When the enemies are eliminated on the level, a player jumps to the next level. After completing every three levels you'll meet a super-boss on your way an enemy super space ship with tricky weapons and fight behavior. The game offers many guns from common machine gun to plasma gun and ion shell. Homing missiles find targets themselves and help annihilate super tricky enemies.

Controls

The game provides with joystick control of a space ship, without blocking too much of the screen. The virtual joystick is made in the form of a Virtual Analog Stick located in the lower left part of the screen and doesnt disturb a player when flying around. Virtual Fire button is located in the lower right corner of the screen. All of the control options suffer from the lack of tactile feedback of having a real control stick or pad under the player's thumb. But they don't all force the player's thumb to cover the same amount of screen space.

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/space-storm/id299789210?mt=8
08-28-2010, 04:24 PM

08-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Any comments on the game?

Just wondering if there are any comments regarding the game?
08-30-2010, 09:49 AM

09-01-2010, 01:32 AM
I made it to level 16 and can't pass it, pisses me off a bit. The weapons are fairly upgraded already. Tremendous amount of enemies doesn't allow to fly through, uhh.
09-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Are there any requests on functionality changes?