★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Football Manager Handheld 1.7 Update now available

08-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Football Manager Handheld 1.7 - On sale 4.99 UKP

Hi,

After a bit of a kerfuffle the 1.7 update is now available in the Store - sorry for the delay.

#1.7 Changelist
Basic iOS4 Suppport
Fix rare crash in squad page filter system
Default subs page to display ratings rather than condition
Fix for rare clear shortlist crash
Ensure that side filter is cleared down properly when managing national team
Option to exit to main menu from inside active game added

Hope this helps,

Marc
PS - Apologies for the issues with the release of the 1.6 update and thanks to everyone for their patience waiting for this version.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan; 09-01-2010 at 11:43 AM.
08-28-2010, 06:44 PM
While I'm here I think I'm meant to mention I'm the developer of the game, I'd also like to indicate that 1.7 is the final update for the FMHi 2010 game (yeah you've heard that already with the 1.5 update but I mean it this time honest ) ...

The 2011 league season version is now under development and if anyone has any suggestions for things to include or improve in that version please feel free to post here and let me know, I'll be sporadically checking on this thread (and will also reply to posts).

08-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
While I'm here I think I'm meant to mention I'm the developer of the game, I'd also like to indicate that 1.7 is the final update for the FMHi 2010 game (yeah you've heard that already with the 1.5 update but I mean it this time honest ) ...

The 2011 league season version is now under development and if anyone has any suggestions for things to include or improve in that version please feel free to post here and let me know, I'll be sporadically checking on this thread (and will also reply to posts).
Don't suppose there's any chance of the in match highlights the same as the pc versions is there
08-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Don't suppose there's any chance of the in match highlights the same as the pc versions is there
Not until the iPhone gains just a tad more processing power ... sorry; I'll be evolving and improving the quality of the AI behind it again in FMHi 2011 but putting the full FM PC match engine into the iPhone game isn't viable at present I'm afraid.
08-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Not until the iPhone gains just a tad more processing power ... sorry; I'll be evolving and improving the quality of the AI behind it again in FMHi 2011 but putting the full FM PC match engine into the iPhone game isn't viable at present I'm afraid.
Didn't think so but worth an ask
08-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Make trading players possible, a little more realistic retirement wise (Drogba is still playing for at at 35...) and full match highlights (just day dreaming here...). Oh and a little cheaper would be nice Nahh just kidding, it was well worth the full price for me.
08-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by micgao View Post
Make trading players possible,
Do you mean part-exchanges? - if so thats something I do like the idea of.

Quote:
a little more realistic retirement wise (Drogba is still playing for at at 35...)
I've tweaked that a bit - although I have to say in Drogba's case I think he'll play on for quite a while irl, he's 32 now and still looking VERY good.

I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks around even at the age of 34+ simply because he's a great professional and will be a good influence on younger players (think Ryan Giggs at Man Utd).

This sort of thing can be endlessly debated tbh, but it is something I am keeping an eye on and where players are wholly inactive at an older age I have tweaked retirements for FMHi 2011 ...
08-28-2010, 08:15 PM
My only gripe with the game is that it seems so much more difficult to sell players than it is in the PC version. I offer a player to clubs and it seems I get nothing in response, more sometimes a "x club is interested in y player" with an option to confirm / deny the rumour.... which still doesn't seem to do anything.

Otherwise, still a great game to play, well done (: updating now. As far as FMH11 goes, I'd love to to see more leagues, and to manage my beloved FC KÝbenhavn. Also, more formations to choose from (4231, 4411?), possibility to attend games (I love watching the game play out the World Cup and so on..)
08-28-2010, 08:44 PM
I've mentioned this in the previous thread but could you add more formations with lone strikers? As it is there's only 4-5-1, so it'd be awesome if we saw something like Liverpool's 4-2-3-1 and other variations of course.
08-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megasuperb View Post
Also, more formations to choose from (4231, 4411?)
Thats something I'm looking into for sure as a few people have requested this.

Quote:
possibility to attend games (I love watching the game play out the World Cup and so on..)
Interesting idea - will try and remember to look into it.