★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Invictus
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 32.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Fly Control is back on iPad with a new happy, sunny, shiny look, new species to play with, new maps, a multi-player mode and lots of battle items to make your game more exciting. However, the basics of the game remain the same: feed flies and other insects while avoiding encounters between them.

Explore the depths of a cosy little swamp and feed some flies to the carnivorous plants, or play on the porch at night and zap some pests with a cool, but faulty electric fly zapper.

If you played enough with flies, try feeding butterflies and wasps.

Apply refilling battle items in game in both multiplayer and single player modes.
Too many pests are coming? Use the smoking 'Pest Repellent' item!
Too many pests are on screen? Don't panic, use the 'Swatter' or the 'Pest Spray!'
Everything is too fast for you? Apply the 'Slow Motion' item to make your task easier!
In multiplayer mode you can also apply some curse items to make your opponent's game more difficult. Try out the super cool 'Party Set' item or the ruthless 'Cover' curse item.

By feeding pests and crushing bugs you can earn coins that can be turned into gems (1000 coins equals a gem). Visit the in game shop to spend your gems on cool, must have items and give a big boost to your game experience. If you want more gems, you can purchase gem packs in the 'shop' section of the game.

FEATURES
- 3 species: Fly, Butterfly and Wasp
- 4 maps: Backyard, Picnic, Swamp, Porch
- Carnivorous plants and electric fly zappers
- Bugs to crush
- OpenFeint support: 5 leaderboards and 18 cool achievements
- Versus multiplayer mode to compete against your friends
- Several battle items are included to provide an amazing game experience and a high replay value
- Easy to use shop
- Items and gems are saved after app re-installation
- Funny sound effects, cool animations
- In-game hints on each panels (indicated with question marks)

"Be the lord of the flies! Be the dictator of all flies!"

"Get your buzz on!"

WANT MORE GREAT GAMES? Check out:
Race of Champions, 4x4 Jam, Truck Jam, Greed Corp, Froggy Jump, Froggy Launcher, Grim Filler, Fly Control, Fly Fu Pro, Wild Slide

Follow us on Twitter @InvictusGames
08-29-2010, 12:15 AM
Nice game but I don't like the ads. They don't get in the way, just not a fan. Also, the items you buy in the shop require gems. You can earn them slowly or buy them as IAP.

Overall, fun and polished, not sure if the IAP are going to be a factor or not.

08-29-2010, 12:38 AM
The ads in the game are fine and don't show up while you're playing the game anyways, unlike a lot of games with ads in it, so the ads part really shouldn't even matter one bit...and it's free. IAP doent really seem to be necessay at all so far, so that's fine too. I think this is a good example of how to make a free game with ads in it, nothing really to complain about with no price tag and only a little ad in the start screen. Nice clean graphics, have to play a bit morel, but nice so far
08-29-2010, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyg3 View Post
The ads in the game are fine and don't show up while you're playing the game anyways, unlike a lot of games with ads in it, so the ads part really shouldn't even matter one bit...and it's free. IAP doent really seem to be necessay at all so far, so that's fine too. I think this is a good example of how to make a free game with ads in it, nothing really to complain about with no price tag and only a little ad in the start screen. Nice clean graphics, have to play a bit morel, but nice so far
Well, most companies give an option to pay .99 to remove ads, which I would gladly do.

Also, there is only one stage available, the other three must be purchased via gems. 1000 coins equal one gem or you can buy gems for real money.

So far I have come across one in game gem but the coins seem a little slow toad up.

Polished, fun game but I think things require enough gems that it is going to be very difficult to earn them.
08-29-2010, 12:50 AM
I like it.
I wish it started us off w/ more than 1 map though
08-29-2010, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Well, most companies give an option to pay .99 to remove ads, which I would gladly do.

Also, there is only one stage available, the other three must be purchased via gems. 1000 coins equal one gem or you can buy gems for real money.

So far I have come across one in game gem but the coins seem a little slow toad up.

Polished, fun game but I think things require enough gems that it is going to be very difficult to earn them.
Yeah that's true. I've been playing this game a bit more and looked at the prices for new maps. I'll be playing for awhile just to get a second map...it does add up way too slowly. Eh, I ended up deleting it off my iPad...I can't see myself playing this game on one map for a countless hours just to finally get one item in the shop.
08-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Great game marred by semi-scammy shop...

I want to start off by saying THE GAME ITSELF (controls, customizable options, different areas, mechanics) is STELLAR maybe one of the best HD line drawers in the AppStore...(here it comes) BUT their means of buying shop items is SCAMILICIOUS at best.

Sure, you can earn gems entirely from in-game play, you'd be lucky to earn 1 gem every couple of games and the cheapest items are still at least 5 gems (most are 9 or 19 gems)!

I like the game and simply bit the bullet and paid $3.99 for the biggest gem pack (even this, I doubt is enough to unlock everything) but since I don't plan on playing any multiplayer, I just bought all of the things relevant to single player (although, damn, the curses you can wish on your opposition in multiplayer stuff look fun...maybe if I could con the wife).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 08-29-2010 at 10:06 AM.
08-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I want to start off by saying THE GAME ITSELF (controls, customizable options, different areas, mechanics) is STELLAR maybe one of the best HD line drawers in the AppStore...(here it comes) BUT their means of buying shop items is SCAMILICIOUS at best.

Sure, you can earn gems entirely from in-game play, you'd be lucky to earn 1 gem every couple of games and the cheapest items are still at least 5 gems (most are 9 or 19 gems)!

I like the game and simply bit the bullet and paid $3.99 for the biggest gem pack (even this, I doubt is enough to unlock everything) but since I don't plan on playing any multiplayer, I just bought all of the things relevant to single player (although, damn, the curses you can wish on your opposition in multiplayer stuff look fun...maybe if I could con the wife).

I agree with you.

I think to buy everything takes a little over 300 gems. My problem is, earning gems is too slow but buying them will ruin the fun of earning things. The balance seems to be off here.

Question, once you buy something, does the ad go away. The ad is not really a problem, just wondering.
08-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I agree with you.

I think to buy everything takes a little over 300 gems. My problem is, earning gems is too slow but buying them will ruin the fun of earning things. The balance seems to be off here.

Question, once you buy something, does the ad go away. The ad is not really a problem, just wondering.
Nope. Ads are unshakable but at least only appear in the Main Menu.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-14-2010, 07:16 PM
What's New In Version 1.1
Quote:
- Ad disappears after purchasing gems in the shop (starting with this update)
- Drawing pest's paths now feels smoother
- Increased gem drop rate
- Fed pests and crushed bugs give more coins
- Various fixes