★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MumboJumbo
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 211.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Samantha Swift titles are casual gaming done right. AdventureGamers.com*

If you are a fan of casual games and have not tried this series, I highly recommend starting now. JustAdventure.com*

Join the search for the Fountain of Youth in this casual hidden-object adventure game.

When Samanthas quest to follow the trail of Cortez and the conquistadors is interrupted by the manipulative MAlice, she embarks on a journey to reclaim the Emerald of Judgment. With the help of Dr. Butler and technology-whiz Adam, the archaeologist and adventurer soon discovers that shes in possession of an even greater artifactcould this golden statuette lead her to the mythical Fountain of Youth?

As Sam, youll circle the globe collecting waters of longevity, immortality and life that give the new-found artifact special powers. Youll have to solve brain-bending puzzles, and take on six hidden-object adventure missions while outwitting MAlice and the evil Markus Payne.

From the swamps of the Florida Keys to the Great Wall of China, youll have to collect tools to help you uncover finds for the Museum of Secrets Lost and thwart Paynes plans to capture the healing waters for himself!

Join the all-new, seek-and-find challenge in Fountains of Fate!

FEATURES

Gather collectible Swift Birds to unlock Unlimited Hidden - Object Mode
Six adventure missions to complete!
Brain-teasing puzzles to solve
Earn achievements for skillful play
Add to the Museum of Secrets Lost with all-new artifacts to find

Check out the Swift Store for even more content:
10 & 50 Hint Packs available
Purchase the Additional Content or Strategy Guide Separately
Collector's Edition:
Bonus Mission
Additional Content & the full Strategy Guide!

Visit us on the App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/mumbojumbo/id312416866
to find more amazing casual games from MumboJumbo including: the Luxor Series, Midnight Mysteries Series, 7 Wonders Series and more!

Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MumboJumboGames
Follow us on Twitter: @MumboJumboGames

*Refers to previous PC franchise installments.

------------
Fixed in 1.0.1
------------

Quitting the game part way through a puzzle that makes use of a tool can sometimes result in the loss of the tool or other objects obtained from progress through the puzzle up to that point. To avoid this problem please do not quit the game in the middle of a puzzle.

Incorrectly placing the daggers in the dagger puzzle may cause the game to freeze

Eli's comments:

Let's try this again. If you want to talk about Stoneloops! or Jurassica, we have a thread for that.
08-29-2010, 12:17 PM
While I played this on the pc, I enjoyed it so much that I also purchased the ipad version. This is the fourth game in the Samantha Smith series and in my opinion the best. It's an interactive hidden object game with both inventory based puzzles and minigames.

There is no real need to purchase extra hints - there are hints to be found in each scene. As for the strategy guide, if you get stuck, both Bigfish and Gamezebo have full walkthroughs for the game. You can check out the walkthroughs to get an idea of game play. The additional content is one extra level (the pc "collector's edition" of this game which includes the strategy guide and extra level is $20).

By the way, if I had to chose between this one and Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials, it would be the latter without question.

Hodapp is my hero

Last edited by joehunt; 08-29-2010 at 12:20 PM.

08-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
While I played this on the pc, I enjoyed it so much that I also purchased the ipad version. This is the fourth game in the Samantha Smith series and in my opinion the best. It's an interactive hidden object game with both inventory based puzzles and minigames.

There is no real need to purchase extra hints - there are hints to be found in each scene. As for the strategy guide, if you get stuck, both Bigfish and Gamezebo have full walkthroughs for the game. You can check out the walkthroughs to get an idea of game play. The additional content is one extra level (the pc "collector's edition" of this game which includes the strategy guide and extra level is $20).

By the way, if I had to chose between this one and Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials, it would be the latter without question.

Hodapp is my hero
Thank you for the short review and the details, definitely added to my wish list. Adventure Puzzle game has strangely become one of my favorite genre of game since I have an iPad, but I have currently too many very good one on the road.

What's weird is that many of those games I play now on iPad already existed on PC/Mac but I didn't knew it nor knew that I could enjoy.
08-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Unfortunatly there seems to be a bug

At the end of chapter 3-4 (shangrila) you have to click on the water of life to end the chapter.. At that point the game crashed and when coming back in the object doesn't exist on the screen or in your inventory. I don't see any way to continue
08-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post

Hodapp is my hero
Thanks for your impressions, this looks very polished. Can u please let me know the price for the extra level?
Do you own midnight mysteries for the iPad?

Wishlisted.
08-30-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
What's weird is that many of those games I play now on iPad already existed on PC/Mac but I didn't knew it nor knew that I could enjoy.
Casual games of this type have been around for a long time. I guess the ipad/iphone is opening up a new market for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinsden View Post
Unfortunatly there seems to be a bug

At the end of chapter 3-4 (shangrila) you have to click on the water of life to end the chapter.. At that point the game crashed and when coming back in the object doesn't exist on the screen or in your inventory. I don't see any way to continue
Without the object there is no way to continue. Perhaps contact the developer about this bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
Thanks for your impressions, this looks very polished. Can u please let me know the price for the extra level?
Do you own midnight mysteries for the iPad?

Wishlisted.
I don't have wifi at the moment so I can't check the price of the extra level (I'll check later).

I bought Midnight Mysteries for the ipad (also played it on the pc) and it's one of the best games I've played this year. To me it's the perfect mix: hidden object (not too much), inventory based puzzles, minigames and an interesting story. Again there is no need to buy the strategy guide (there are several online if needed) or extra hints. Part of the fun of the game is finding hints (in the form of ravens) in each scene. There are also 50 clovers to find, which unlock an unlimited hidden object mode. This game is highly rated in the app store for a very good reason
09-23-2010, 02:23 PM
ok, I feel stupid.
I'm still on the 1st level I think (or 2nd)
where I need a hook for the waterwell. (blue)
I just finished gathering all the objects, then I got a golden scepter..
but can't do anything with it. (the hole in the front aint working)

What am I misssing ?

I don't have any other objects.

When I started that level I had to find 2x 15-20 objects. is that right ?

Last edited by pka4916; 09-23-2010 at 03:22 PM.
09-24-2010, 02:33 PM
ok, passed the 1st level, and encountered several issues / bugs.

1. 1st level all items disappearing when you quit the
game after the 1st round of finding the items.
(handle disappears, and you only have golden
scepter). Had to restart the game.

2. Some items you need to press several times on
the screen before it get's responsive.

3. Inside the temple where you need to do the
boards to make a symbol to open the gate.
the crowbar is available on that screen, but not
in the other screens. (flipping back and forth,
made it re-appear).

4. After the zombies come out of the water, you
need to go into the hous. which makes the
game crash to the desktop.
after restarting you end up in the house
09-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Doh!

That is quite a list of different bugs. I'm starting to be sorry I jumped on it so soon. Maybe I will start playing after the first update? Has anyone else found any showstoppers that they just couldn't get past?

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!
09-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecwrtr View Post
That is quite a list of different bugs. I'm starting to be sorry I jumped on it so soon. Maybe I will start playing after the first update? Has anyone else found any showstoppers that they just couldn't get past?
I'm about half way through the game and haven't come across a single bug.