Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-20-2008, 01:20 AM

Default Bugdom 2 ver 1.0.2 out. Better control?

The new version is out now here , and is described as having improved controls. Unfortunately, nothing is mentioned about a better save system. But what are peoples opinions on the control of the new version. Any better?
Old 10-20-2008, 01:42 AM

Dunno, until they implement a better save system I'm not going to bother with the game. My guess is that'll never happen.

But to be honest I didn't think the controls were that bad to begin with, just had to use the neutral button a lot.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freegoo View Post
Dunno, until they implement a better save system I'm not going to bother with the game. My guess is that'll never happen.
Yes, the one frustration I had more so than controls was the save system, which is the reason it was removed from my device, and I swore it wouldn't go back on until the issue was resolved in an update.
However, curiosity has got the better of me, and I have downloaded the update. I will report back once I have had a play. I doubt I will keep it on though.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:40 AM

Ok. Had a good play, and can confirm the bug no longer runs around like a headless chicken. I lowered the sensitivity right down, and now the fastest he goes is a gentle stroll, which gives you a lot better control.
However, like I said, the save system unfortunately hasn't changed, so frustrations will still arise on the later levels for me. So maybe it's time to remove the app now I have tested it before I start tearing my hair out again.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Ok. Had a good play, and can confirm the bug no longer runs around like a headless chicken. I lowered the sensitivity right down, and now the fastest he goes is a gentle stroll, which gives you a lot better control.
However, like I said, the save system unfortunately hasn't changed, so frustrations will still arise on the later levels for me. So maybe it's time to remove the app now I have tested it before I start tearing my hair out again.
Also, the kick and pick up controls are a lot more responsive. I used to get a little frustrated trying to kick some fly @ss but instead, mr. McFly kept jumping and jumping.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:17 AM

I never had a problem kicking as such, rather a problem with kicking in the right direction. With the new version, to be fair, it has improved. The bug does tend to automatically kick in the enemies direction if they are standing near him.
It's a real shame about the save, as this isn't bad to actually play now. I'm just not going to have half hour to spend every time I want to play. And it's even worse for iPhone owners, where a phone call will mean they have to start again.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:25 AM
Banned

@wastedyuthe:

How far are you on this game anyway? What level?
Old 10-20-2008, 03:29 AM

Level 1! I re-installed the game after this update, and so my previously saved game has gone. When I played it before, I reached the toy room level (which is where I got too frustrated with it, removed it, and swore I wouldn't install it again until an update fixed the problems). I think the toy room level was level 4 or 5- somewhere around there.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:33 AM
Banned

That sucks. The Toy Room is level 5 and is probably the hardest one since it looks like a maze. Level 6 is a lot cooler, if you like dark and moth-filled and jabalin-throwing bedbugs(?).
Old 10-20-2008, 04:02 AM

To be honest mate, I am reluctant to try and get that far. I got stuck finding the last jigsaw piece on the toy room level and because I needed a break (I was playing that level for half an hour) and couldn't save, I gave up and removed it. I am concerned the same thing will happen again.