★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Bethesda's "Game Announcement?"

03-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Bethesda's "Game Announcement?"

On Friday nights Gametrailers TV, Bethesda Studio's Todd Howard was on with show host Geoff Keighly discussing a "surgery mini game" that was cut out of Fallout 3 Geoff asked the question, "Fallout surgery for iPhone, because you are making an iPhone game you announced?" Todd Howard's response was, "It wasn't quite an announcement it was more of an off hand comment. We are looking at the iPhone, we just love that device."

Your thoughts?
03-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrom View Post
On Friday nights Gametrailers TV, Bethesda Studio's Todd Howard was on with show host Geoff Keighly discussing a "surgery mini game" that was cut out of Fallout 3 Geoff asked the question, "Fallout surgery for iPhone, because you are making an iPhone game you announced?" Todd Howard's response was, "It wasn't quite an announcement it was more of an off hand comment. We are looking at the iPhone, we just love that device."

Your thoughts?
Hmmmm, A surgical mini game could work on the iphone, (Dr. Awesome?...)
But it sounds like he didn't give any big idea as to if this is what they are really making for the iphone... Man Fallout 3 kicks ass...

Gamecenter:1337brian

03-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Sounds like back pedalling a bit until they are ready to make the official announcement later on.
03-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Even though it is Bethseda I hope they dont put out a Dr.Awesome like game....those are getting really old ---like the labrynth games----then need to do something new and awesome ----just not Dr.Awesoome like.

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left
03-08-2009, 10:42 AM
I don't want a mini game ported over from fallout. I'm looking for elder scrolls, full fallout or an entirely new title. But a watered down version of a great game ( MGST ) or the port of a mini game taken from a great game? Come on use the phone to it's full potential. Someone! Please!
03-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parranoya View Post
Even though it is Bethseda I hope they dont put out a Dr.Awesome like game....those are getting really old ---like the labrynth games----then need to do something new and awesome ----just not Dr.Awesoome like.
I agree with you on this. Another surgery-type game doesn't sound very original, and honestly I was expecting a little more from these guys. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.
03-08-2009, 11:31 AM
id like them to make an original rpg like game, or make a new one from the fallout or TES series. i would rather not have a game like oblivion or fallout 3 on the ipod as i know it would not be great. they could make a fallout game in the original style. that would work quite well on the ipod
03-08-2009, 11:32 AM
My thoughts? As the quote says, "It wasn't quite an announcement it was more of an off hand comment"
03-09-2009, 11:00 AM
I don't believe Todd or Bethesda were thinking of making the surgery game from Fallout 3 for the iPhone. That was just a way Geoff was able to transition into questioning about the iPhone game they had mentioned before.

I was just surprised by the fact it sounded as though Todd was backpeddling on the concept of a "game announcement" for the iPhone. Caused me to think it wasn't a real project yet they had already put a lot of time and development into.
03-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Hrm.

If it's not an RPG I'm going to be really disappointed. I had high hopes when I heard the big B was going to develop for the iPhone. Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3 are some of my favorite video games ever made. They are the masters of RPG and I'd love for them to stick to their craft

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2