★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rogue Touch Update

03-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Rogue Touch Update

I can't seem to get my 3G to recognize the 1.2 update for RT. Is anyone else having the issue? I've even deleted (!) it from the iphone and reinstalled it, still no joy. Anyone have any ideas?
03-08-2009, 10:25 AM
It really sucks that this apple product is so buggy. I have a problem where from time to time I will update a game and then in the apps icons it still says I need to update. Once it said I had to update 16 things but I already updated them weeks ago.

I just hold the "off" button on the top then slide to close. Then hit the button again to restart with a nice old RAM dump.

This should work.

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left
03-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Sorry to hear you had some trouble with getting the update. If it's any consolation... even I as the developer have had trouble with Apple's update system this week on my phone.

At least a couple of times a day, I had the App Store tell me I had like 15 updates, but they were for OLDER versions of all my apps, including Rogue Touch!!! If you see this, definitely try rebooting your device, or downloading the update through iTunes and syncing.

I've heard a lot of complaints from other Devs seeing these same problems this week. Unfortunately Apple's "growing pains" hurt everyone else in the process. Let me know if you have managed to update OK since this post....

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
03-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderData View Post
At least a couple of times a day, I had the App Store tell me I had like 15 updates, but they were for OLDER versions of all my apps, including Rogue Touch!!! If you see this, definitely try rebooting your device, or downloading the update through iTunes and syncing.

I've heard a lot of complaints from other Devs seeing these same problems this week. Unfortunately Apple's "growing pains" hurt everyone else in the process. Let me know if you have managed to update OK since this post....
Ive had this many time. Push the update button again until the "right" updates appear if there are some
It sucks
03-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Just a quick notice on this... I had the update all along but didn't realize it. I made a suggestion to CommanderData on his boards and he said they should be able to print the version number on the splash screen someplace.

Just another fine example of customer service! The app is a must-have all by itself, but the customer service makes it amazing. Thanks CD!