★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rogue Touch player names ?!?!?

03-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Rogue Touch player names ?!?!?

Alright --- I have been bored with seeing Fat Bastard in my top scores ---But it has made all the difference in my gameplay --- I have not starved to death since---- I have tried a few new names like Drizzt, Mini Me, Thor ---but has anyone figured out some of the new names to use to get that little "extra" out of the game?

CommanderData feel free to drop us some hints! I dont know how goofy to go.

PS --- I love the magic mushrooms and the halucinogenic potions ---the grass and unicorns are so pretty!

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left
03-08-2009, 11:52 AM
The actual name "CommanderData" worked in v. 1.0

It hasn't worked for me after the updates... it was nice though. got a very nice dagger, nice armor and a ring of slow metabolism.

Good thread.

Play the opening like a book, the middlegame like a magician, and the endgame like a machine!

03-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Good idea for a thread... I think most of my forum members are aware of a few more. have you tried any other classic books and movies??? Hint Hint

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
03-08-2009, 12:02 PM
So are these player names sort of like cheat codes? I remember reading one of commanderdata's posts and he said something about cheat codes that the players must find themselves. Has anyone come across anything like this? Im going to make a fat bastard now.

I love this game but I find I never make it too far into the dungeon before I get surrounded by 5 monsters and get a gang beating. Some kind of cheat to help me would be fun.

I probably suck cuz I never played the original. Still really fun and when it comes time to choose a game from my list I keep picking rogue touch up - even though I seem to have horrible luck.
03-08-2009, 12:13 PM
"Thor" --- gives you a 3+,+3 shocking war hammer and +2 chainmail with only 3 rations of food.

Once I die I will try"CommanderData" and see what I get.

Even with all the goodness of Fat Bastard I only have made it to Level 22 with the title of Warlord -- a Medusa slapped me to a -17 HP ---- it all happened so fast...in all my years of playing the game I have yet to get the Amulet of Yendor --- but I cant wait to see some shops in here so I can start spending the useless gold on some items and potions.

Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left

Last edited by parranoya; 03-08-2009 at 12:16 PM.
03-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I agree with you on the shops. So as of now there are no shops? Again, I haven't played the original so I still don't know what to expect. Seems right now the gold is just a different way of expressing your "score"

Is adding shops too far off from the original?
03-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spek View Post
I agree with you on the shops. So as of now there are no shops? Again, I haven't played the original so I still don't know what to expect. Seems right now the gold is just a different way of expressing your "score"

Shops were a staple of Hack, but not Rogue. CD is adding shops as part of an "enhanced" Rogue mode that will be an optional gameplay mode in a future version.

I'm looking forward to a store personally so we can finally do something with that gold ... and also give you something more to be pissed off at leprechauns about.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spek View Post

I also think that shops were common in a rouguelike clone called Angband. But ---we need more character names --- My problem is I have read way to many books and watched too many movies ---- I am thinking to either work my way through marvel comic names or classic book....Dracula .... frankenstein...Jack the Ripper...as for movies ---- no clue what they could be ----

03-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I've only tried it twice (and the first time I died horribly fast), but Merlin appears to give you a preponderance of scrolls EVERYWHERE and good loot (I got a class 8 armor on the 3rd floor) and my level seems to be going up faster than usual...

EDIT: Merlin is great, but eventually starved to death even with a stealth ring (stupid Ogre...) and 2 armor rating and 19 strength on level like 18...never found a weapon

Last edited by writingsama; 03-08-2009 at 02:24 PM.
03-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Yep, there was no shop or use for gold in the original other than score. We actually have at least TWO uses for gold planned in the advanced version of Rogue Touch. Only one of those will be a shop...

I can tell everyone that there's roughly 20 secret character names embedded in version 1.2. Some of them just affect your starting equipment, and some of them give some interesting abilities or side effects These started off as a joke during development of the main game, and kind of stuck around. Now we plan on adding more secret characters into every update, along with other neat goodies...

Happy hunting everyone! If anyone finds another secret character- try to post hints at it here rather than giving it away outright... let's make a bit of a game out of finding them

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!