★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New game ideas

03-08-2009, 11:27 AM
New game ideas

Are there any games that people want for the iphone? I think more games with finger controls would be awesome. Tilt control is cool and all, but I only like it with racing games. I would love seeing some of my favorite games from SNES getting adapted to the iphone/touch. I think the Legend of Zelda and Breath of Fire would be awesome. N64 games would be awesome to be converted also like Super Mario 64 and whatnot.
03-08-2009, 11:28 AM
its been said by nintendo and in other topics that they are not making games for the ipod. they want to keep nintendo stuff on nintendo platforms

03-08-2009, 11:40 AM
damn that sucks. Those games were epic. I would still like seeing more games with touch control rather than tilt control though.
03-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Heretic
Dukenukem
StarCastle
Joust
DonkeyKong
A clone of all of the above would be great
03-08-2009, 11:44 AM
I've seen The Quest and Rogue Touch as pretty decent dungeon-type RPG games. How about having games like the old Dungeon&Dragon series that people used to play on the Amiga and PC, like Pools of Radiance, Pools of Darkness, Dark Queen of Krynn? It would be fun to go dungeon exploring with 6 characters like that.
03-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Hey, here's a game I want. It's called the search feature. Search. Seriously. It's not there just for fun. Jamesiscool certainley is not cool untill you learn to use the freaking search feature.

[/closethread]
03-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Good job at making yourself look like an asshole. Sorry I said I would like to see more touch control games. I guess opinions aren't welcome.
03-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesiscool View Post
Good job at making yourself look like an asshole. Sorry I said I would like to see more touch control games. I guess opinions aren't welcome.
hey james, opinions are welcome but we don;t appreciate personal opinions having their own thread, mainly because people make threads like this one all the time, and if you had known about the search feature you could have just added on to what someone else says.

About ibitf, there is absolutely no need to call him an A*****e he rants just like people rant about having bought a game and then getting a Price drop.

Welcome to TA

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
03-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesiscool View Post
Are there any games that people want for the iphone? I think more games with finger controls would be awesome. Tilt control is cool and all, but I only like it with racing games. I would love seeing some of my favorite games from SNES getting adapted to the iphone/touch. I think the Legend of Zelda and Breath of Fire would be awesome. N64 games would be awesome to be converted also like Super Mario 64 and whatnot.
we are currently making this with only touch controls.

http://www.ontherocksgames.com/view_game.php?id=19
03-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh06 View Post
its been said by nintendo and in other topics that they are not making games for the ipod. they want to keep nintendo stuff on nintendo platforms
what about capcom? any news on them porting anything?