★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Join 1000s of Atomic Ball players every day! +1,000,000 downloads up-to-date and still counting!

Atomic Ball brick breaker, discover the reincarnation of one of the best arcade game in history featuring +90 handcrafted levels with full iPhone 5 Retina graphic themes.

Enjoy a true classic of gaming history and breakout genre games, join 1000s of players every day!

WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT ATOMIC BALL

"If you like Brick Breakers but want something more modern and challenging take a look at Atomic Ball. With its HD graphics, great physics engine and challenging game features like 32 ball multi-ball play, Atomic Ball is sure to keep you entertained for hours." - PadGadget.com

"Atomic Ball takes a tried and true formula of brick breaking, adds on some fun little twists." - ThePortableGamer.com

"If you are a fan of brick breaking games, you are really going to love this one. The combination of spectacularly drawn graphics and unique look and feel of the atomic targets makes this an outstanding game." - iPhoneLife.com

"I definitely recommend this game, true brick breaker fans shouldn't even hesitate to give this one a go. Addiction is high. Overall 9/10!" - TouchArcade.com

"A New Brick Breaker game-style fun and well done!" - iSpazio.net

"A super hyped-up version of Pong with all kinds of insane mixed in." - AppVader.com

MAIN FEATURES
* Game Center Leaderboards & Achievements
* iPhone 5 Full Compatibility
* Retina Graphics
* With 30 powerups to be unlocked including multiball powerup
* Featuring most interactive and advanced physics in it's genre
* More then +90 handcrafted levels
* East to pick and play, fast paced addictive gameplay
* Multitasking and Accelerometer support
* Premium narrator voice
* Touch and Tilt controls

WE VALUE YOUR FEEDBACK AND WE APPRECIATE YOUR CRITICISM

We always welcome your feedback, comments, suggestions and especially your constructive criticism they all help us to improve Atomic Ball app.
Contact us at support@meritumsoft.hr and make sure you come and visit us at https://www.facebook.com/meritumsoft
08-31-2010, 10:48 PM
Now this is what I call a well-made "brickbreaker" game. It's got a nice presentation to it, some cool visual effects, interesting scenery(the background theme reminds me of some nature science program seen on the Discovery channel or something), cool music/sounds, an arcade voice for powerups/points, and of course some solid gameplay.

Gameplay is smooth, presented in landscape mode and uses touch controls to move the paddle. Controls are responsive. Good physics/ball movement. In this game instead of attacking bricks like in a traditional brickbreaker game, you are attacking atoms that are initially stringed together (they kind of resemble leaves or round balls depending on the level) but they are not the typical square bricks used in most brickbreaker games. Gameplay concept is the same as usual brickbreakers though, break all pieces to win and advance.

In most brickbreaker games the "bricks" are stationary, but in this one the atoms often float around like they're attached to a moving spider web while you're trying to hit them, they aren't always positioned in one spot. The atoms can also be big or small making for different sized targets. Once you destroy all the atoms the level is complete. Each level has a timer to earn bonus points if you complete the level before the time runs out, the quicker you finish the more points added to your overall score. At the end of each level you will be shown a stats list to show how well you did.

There are 50 levels in the game, and you have to complete them in order to keep unlocking them one by one. Once levels are completed you can choose to replay them at any time. If you fail a level and the game ends you can start from the level you left off on anytime but your score will be reset to zero. There are high score leaderboards for daily, weekly, and all-time.

There appears to be plenty of content/levels in this game and the background scenery changes every 8 or so levels. There are some funky powerups in the game too such as a voodoo ball, an atomic ball, and a 'drunken' ball (where the ball temporarily wobbles and zags everywhere) just to name a few. Plenty of powerups to be unlocked as you progress through the levels.

This game definitely has a unique look and feel to it, it's not all robotic, retro, or overly flashy like most other brickbreakers, but it does have some cool subtle effects, powerups, and new style graphics. Its probably best that you see a video or play the game to see it and appreciate it for yourself rather than me going into further detail about it.

As far as the challenge goes the game is a little on the easy side(according to me at least) but it never stops being enjoyable. Most of the challenge comes in beating the timer for the extra points. The pace of the game is pretty upbeat, never feels boring at all and the groovy music/sounds add to the experience.

I definitely recommend this game, true brickbreaker fans shouldn't even hesitate to give this one a go. Addiction is high. Overall 9/10

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.

Last edited by freedog; 08-31-2010 at 11:01 PM.

08-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Found a gameplay video on youtube posted yesterday..

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
09-01-2010, 12:14 AM
Game Impressions

Not a bad game, but not without some issues which adversely affect the experience for me:

First off, I actually much prefer the portrait mode for playing breakout-type games. More vertical space means more time to react, and it is more comfortable to hold the device with one hand in portrait mode when moving the paddle with your index finger. Might be a preference, but the option at least should be there.

The area along which you slide the paddle is fairly narrow; the real problem though comes from
the fact that unlike with similar games, should your finger happen to slide up outside the area, you lose control of the paddle. Once your finger is down you should be able to control the paddle anywhere on screen until you lift your finger again.

While graphically there is a number of interesting things happening, it would be nice if they actually affected the gameplay in some significant way. There are "cells" merging and separating all over the place, yet the gameplay itself feels no different from any other decent breakout with bricks, walls, whatever. A missed opportunity here, as it would have been very interesting if the game actually implemented some kind of reaction(s) when the cells merge/separate.

Overall, I found this to be pretty disappointing, and had I played a lite version would not spend $2 on the full. Perhaps I'd have a different reaction were I expecting fairly bog standard breakout gameplay, but the graphics led me to believe there would be something more to it. Even in that case though, I'd still need portrait mode and a fix for the touch controls to really be able to enjoy this fully.
09-01-2010, 12:55 AM
hmm, I guess after seeing countless generic brickbreakers in the store it's nice seeing one a little different, or at least one that looks different, refreshing. I think the gameplay is very fun, just a tad easy. Maybe if they added another mode that was more difficult it would fill my need for more challenge.

Gabrien I see your point about the sliding area with the paddle on the bottom, I did notice it but i didn't think it was a big issue. The protrait mode you want would be good for 'one hand play' so I'm with you on that.

But overall I really think this is a worthy game that brickbreaker fans should check this out.

09-01-2010, 01:59 AM
Finnally LANDSCAPE mode brick game. I played a lot of bricks on my iPhone but portrait mode make game too easy to play and make it impossible to die. Landscape bring much more to gameplay so congrat to do it old school way.

This game is different than other games in the store. Moving bricks, original powerups, IMO very sweet graphics and music.

There is a lot of brickbreakers in the store, but only few noticable. And I would put Atomic Ball in top 3 in any way!

10/10
09-01-2010, 03:09 AM
Thank you both for your impressions. Although they differ, they help a lot.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
09-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Fantastic impressions freedog. Going to give this a go.

Invaders Must Die.
09-03-2010, 02:58 PM
New & Noteworthy for the week, time to alert people to this game.

Invaders Must Die.
09-16-2010, 08:33 PM
$.99 1 day sale (Sept 17th)