★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Gravity Runner 1.1 Out - Improved Endless + Logo

08-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Gravity Runner 1.1 Out - Improved Endless + Logo

Gravity Runner 1.1

Version 1.1 Changes

- NEW ICON! This Icon emphasises that you should expect to die a lot in this game.

- Endless Mode
- More variety of levels for the easy section
- Made the difficulty ramp up a little quicker
- New leaderboard been added for v1.1 since there has been a few changes.

- Some Achievements were not being achieved at the correct times and when you got all Gold Medals, all bronze and silver did not unlock. Achievements have now been fixed!

- Improved Initial Loading Times (OpenFeint Issue)

- Improved Integration with OpenFeint. Notifications now appear at the top of the screen rather than the bottom. (Less Interference)

----------------------------

Thanks everyone for their great feedback which has led to this Update, we are planning many more updates, so let everyone know to get in early to receive all these updates for free!

Get it touch with us on our Forum if you have any problems or feedback about the game or contact us Directly - dave@wearecolin.co.uk

----------------------------

Planned Future Updates (Subject to Change)

- Sometimes when jumping near the edge of a platform or just after landing, Gravity flips when you meant to jump ... This will be Fixed!

- Even More Variety in the Endless Mode.

- When the character runs fast, speed trails should appear behind the character.

- A countdown will be added after you have paused.

We Are Colin - Indie Games from Derby, UK. Facebook Twitter YouTube
Gravity Runner - Running game with Retro Graphics
Screw The Dealer + iSevens - Card Games -
WordSearch Rush - Featured by Apple - Available now

Last edited by DaveLev; 09-01-2010 at 05:01 AM.
08-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Sweet! Downloading right now.

Currently Playing: Minecraft, Words With Friends, Zenonia 2, Carcasonne, and Bioshock.

Can't Wait For: Uncharted 3, Portal 2,NS Hex Online Multiplayer Update, and Bishock Infinite.

08-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Congrats on the update! Just downloaded, about to try it, will post impressions shortly...

*UPDATE*
Uh-oh! Initial load took over a minute, then froze on a white screen! It finally loaded, but took a LOOONG time...

Last edited by ZEROFACES; 08-30-2010 at 04:51 PM.
08-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Crashed. I reset iPod, takes a longer time I affirm with Zerofaces.
08-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Hmm. I got a brief (around 5 seconds) white screen between the title screen and the menu screen. Also a very brief delay for OF initialization. Otherwise, everything else is running smoothly. Switching between Endless mode and the level select screen is definitely faster than before. Unsure why it's causing others trouble...
08-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
Hmm. I got a brief (around 5 seconds) white screen between the title screen and the menu screen. Also a very brief delay for OF initialization. Otherwise, everything else is running smoothly. Switching between Endless mode and the level select screen is definitely faster than before. Unsure why it's causing others trouble...
The white screen only happened for me once, now I'm having no troubles. The load times between death & running again are a lot faster for sure!

One problem though, there's a flawed section in endless! I've died at it 5 times in a row now! I'll try to describe it as best as I can: you're on the ground and have to jump over spikes and onto springs; the springs then bounce you over a platform and drop you right in a gap! I've attempted jumping onto the middle, the far-most right, the far-most left, and everywhere in between, but I always get tossed into the gap! And no, there's nothing above me to switch Gravity for.

*UPDATE* There was another flawed section where the character got stopped at a top stair, so I jumped and he went right over the top platform and into the gap, and if I had switched gravity he would have landed on the spikes on the ceiling! So I died...
08-31-2010, 08:29 AM
So should I not update to the new version being as it is full of bugs? Has anyone experienced these issues and crashes on an iPod Touch 3G iOS4?
08-31-2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
So should I not update to the new version being as it is full of bugs? Has anyone experienced these issues and crashes on an iPod Touch 3G iOS4?
I have the same problem, but it seems like it applies to most of my apps nowadays. Ios 4.x and Iphone 3G just isn't compatible... My phone is almost useless since I updated; Apps not working, loading takes forever, it takes forever to open messages, emails, maps... If Apple give me an Iphone 4 for free I may consider forgiving them for Ios 4.x.

Pedroapan
08-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
I haven't had any crashes, and I don't think it's device specific. The initial load is slow, and a white screen does appear before you see the main menu, but it's a minor glitch.

My main problems are level designs, endless has flawed sections that aren't created fairly.

But if you're not interested in Endless and can handle a white screen appearing ONCE, get the update now!
08-31-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROFACES View Post
I haven't had any crashes, and I don't think it's device specific. The initial load is slow, and a white screen does appear before you see the main menu, but it's a minor glitch.

My main problems are level designs, endless has flawed sections that aren't created fairly.

But if you're not interested in Endless and can handle a white screen appearing ONCE, get the update now!
Of course I am interested in Endless... It's half of the game!!

I would rather not have a flawed version so I guess I will wait until an update comes out to fix these issues.