★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: so so dev games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.3 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ** AD-FREE VERSION **

"GET TO THA CHOPPA!!1 has the same amount of insanity and genius as Robot Unicorn Attack, but it goes that extra mile" - slidetoplay.com

Zombie apocalypse has come!!1 Can you survive zombie hordes, contact mines and heat seeking missiles to safely get to tha choppa in this twisted and addictive reaction game?

GET TO THA CHOPPA!!1, the famous Xbox 360 game, is now available on your iPhone and iPod touch! Featuring reaction based madness with all new and all awesome touch controls for explosive action on the go!

Discover new bonus items, such as the knight power mode!

Features:

* Addicting reaction based gameplay: dodge mines and rockets - and kill zombies!
* Refreshed crayon graphics
* Retina display support
* Brand new bonus items!
* Global leaderboards
* Game Center

Reviews (Xbox version):

"GTTC looks like it was designed and draw by a first grader, making the game even more hilarious. The music track accompanying the game also adds to the ridiculousness of the title, further pushing it into the boundary of memorable."
Crave Online

"The longer you live, the faster it gets. Which leads to some glorious insanity as your palms being to sweat and you automatically block out any and all distractions. So yeah, just try it already! And remember, it's got zombies!"
Crush Frag Destroy

"This game is unique, due to its over the top premise. [...] it's simple and simple can be great."
4Horsemen

"The sketchy artistic style is awesome!"
DIY Gamer

"Awesome name, awesome box art, awesome trailer, awesome music, awesome game!"
JForce Games

goiMot's comments:

08-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Yeah, this is pretty awesome.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

08-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Even after rebooting all I get is a crash to the home screen. A little hard to get to da choppa if I can't get in the game.
08-31-2010, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Even after rebooting all I get is a crash to the home screen. A little hard to get to da choppa if I can't get in the game.
Ouch... >< ... I wonder if the iPad version has the same problem...
08-31-2010, 02:56 AM
It's working ok for me I'm on a 3rd gen iPod running ios4

Last edited by Howlingwolf; 08-31-2010 at 03:19 AM.
08-31-2010, 03:48 AM
Game Impressions

Ok here are few impressions after playing for about half an hour .

The idea of the game is to stay alive for as long as possible I believe it's just endless and you never actually reach the chopper.

There are basically 3 things that can kill you mines which you have to jump by swiping up on the screen , rockets which are fired from the chopper which you have to duck under by swiping down on the screen and lastly zombies running towards you which you have to tap on to kill by machine gun .
There are also bonuses and power ups to help you these appear in the chopper door again you have to tap on these to collect . So far I have only seen 2 types of these a 4x score bonus and a super knight power up which sees you donning a suit of armour and flying across the screen killing and blowing up everything in your path .

From what I have played so far this is another one of those simple but addictive games ,not simple in ease but in premise .

If your into this type of game this is definitely worth a purchase

Last edited by Howlingwolf; 08-31-2010 at 03:56 AM.
09-01-2010, 06:50 AM
I'm a little surprised this game isn't getting a bit more attention
09-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
I'm a little surprised this game isn't getting a bit more attention
True enough. Been thinking about it since it came out. As you've played it, perhaps you can comment on the number and variety of power-ups and bonuses. What comes to my mind is that if they are limited, then the game could get stale v.quickly...
09-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
True enough. Been thinking about it since it came out. As you've played it, perhaps you can comment on the number and variety of power-ups and bonuses. What comes to my mind is that if they are limited, then the game could get stale v.quickly...
There only seem to be the two thing the 4 x bonus and the knight power up . But this game has that just one more go appeal like cannabalt etc. And on top of that crazy graphics and a great tune whilst playing it's one of my go too games at the moment
09-07-2010, 01:56 AM
I've been thinking about getting this, are there any other impressions you guys wanna post? I love high-score games, but what (other than the obvious crappy art style) sets this game apart from others? For instance, how it is different/better than Run!?