Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-31-2010, 06:00 AM
iPad

Default Spider-Man: Total Mayhem - (by Gameloft) +lite

Retina ScreenShots:
(click to enlarge)

lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spider-man-total-mayhem-free/id400224637?mt=8

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 11-02-2010 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: lite
Old 08-31-2010, 06:00 AM
iPad

Default Impressions/reviews

TA Review : http://toucharcade.com/2010/08/31/sp...s-overpowered/
Quote:
There's a surprising amount of content in Spider-Man: Total Mayhem, including a hefty amount of unlockables to boost replay value. Twelve levels are included, and in each of the levels are tokens you can pick up to unlock bonus art to look at. In addition, there's an "ultimate" difficulty to unlock as well as a boss rush mode. There's even the black Spider-Man symbiote suit to unlock to play through the game again with Spidey powered up. Also, when fighting bosses you have opportunity to take photos of them, and these photo opportunities seem fairly easy to miss. If you're a completionist, you will be playing through Spider-Man: Total Mayhem many times.

Total Mayhem is loaded with high resolution graphics that look absolutely fantastic on the iPhone 4. It's not universal, but like most Gameloft games it wouldn't surprise me if an iPad-specific HD release was on the horizon. Gameloft did a great job of making a game that plays like a Spider-Man game needs to. The spider sense seems entirely overpowered in combat, and it won't take long for you to get tired of the spider sense quick action sequences that are liberally used in cut scenes, but beating up an endless array of nameless thugs is just as fun as it should be.
(Full Review)
==============
Reader Impressions :
Quote:
Originally Posted by shidokan57 View Post
ive just finished the first level and i must say its way better than iron man 2 and most other gameloft titles ive played. very fluid and the colors look awesome on iphone 4. games just keep getting better and better! spidey does some real cool moves using his web to. umm not sure what else to put but ide have to say i havent finished a lot of gamelofts games cause i find them boring but this one i may actually finish. i am also not a big spiderman fan. thought the movies where dumb, but as for a game its pretty kick ass and i cant say how awesome the graphics and colors look on iphone 4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranksWildYears View Post
Okay, not-so-positives first...

- After playing through the first level I've already had two occasions which I've fallen through the scenery to my death. Of course, it's hardly the first game to feature such a bug but either I've been really unlucky or it could do with a fair bit of tightening in an update.

- This is much more nitpicky but I'd like an option to change the position of the evade / Spidey sense button to the right hand side. But of course screen space makes this a tricky one so it's really what I imagine I'd find easier rather than what is practical for the developer. So not a complaint as such.

All in all, this seems very promising. Excellent visuals, a very nice combat engine and extremely slick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider76 View Post
As someone who generally can finish a gameloft game in an evening , I can safely say I am loving the challenge in this game ( biased as I am as a massive spiderman fan as I am ) . For once the voices are spot on and the gameplay is great fun , if not a bit linear , although it flows really well from combat to set pieces. All I can say is if your a marvel fan and want a super hero fix till someone does an open world game for our Idevices then you can't go too wrong with this.
Ps sorry the spelling / grammar is crap as it's almost 3 am in uk n have been playing n drinking since 12.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I really enjoy the gameplay but there are a few things i dont like.

1) Those Buttons are to small. we need bigger buttons.
2) Spider-Man dont look like ultimate spider-man. this should be a 16 year old peter parker? this is a grown man under the suit.
3) Spider-Man has awesome karate power like chun-li in street fighter. wtf! peter gets his ass kicked all the time in the ultimate universe because he has no skills.

I dont they put together an awesome spiderman game but this is not an ultimate spiderman game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCalifornia View Post
First IMpressions

Just played the first 2 missions....

This game is really fun and pretty impressive for an app.... i was running the game on my 2nd generation ipod and the game was running smoothly. Spiderman does some insane tricks in this game so i was kinda shocked to not witness any slowdowns.... The game is really fun and responsive... i died a couple of times by human error. Plus the game pushes you to revisit levels beacuse they have a lot of collectables from artwork to improving spidermans attributes...... Overall a really fun spiderman game!!!!!!!!!!!! worth the price!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job Gameloft you finally made a fun kick-ass game!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
WOW!
It's 6 AM here in Germany, but I can't put this game down.
Besides N.O.V.A., this is the best Gameloft game to date.

Downside: the story is just stupid, without any consistency and ridiculous.

BUT: everything else... wow! The graphics are nice (retina shine), although quite simple - but you can destroy many objects in the environment (cars, tables, stuff like that). The music is great and has a certain Batman (Nolan) touch. The fighting is AWESOME. It's just so much fun to fight in this game, way, way better then Avatar, HOS and friends. Many moves, beautiful moves, Spidy moves Controls are pretty perfect. I love it.

As I said, 6 AM and I still wanna continue playing.
Big thanks to Gameloft, you know the system like just a few other devs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAELSD View Post
I just finished the first level. I can at least say that the game is much better than any Spider-Man game I've played on the DS. Production values could be considered beaten by Spider-Man 2 on the PSP, but that game is a few years old and cost $43 more. So far, the story is laughable and dialog is horrible (though Gameloft gets a thumbs up for including voice-acting at all). I'm missing a real story with other characters. I hope I run around as plain, old Peter Parker, that's always made Spidey games more fun since you juggle both lives.

Now that that's out of the way, combat is fun. There's a lot of combos that work well together, and implemented nicely (though they're not original in the Spidey gaming universe). Web-slinging to fly around is poor when there aren't circles showing you what to grab onto. Part of the fun of a Spidey game is swinging around from building to building. Graphics pop on the iPhone 4, and if a true 2D look in a fully 3D game is going to be accomplished anytime soon, it'll be on the Retina Display.

It's a pretty fun game, bringing back memories of Spider-Man 2 on Xbox, as well as countless other Spider-Man games I've played on devices dating back to the GameBoy Color. Well this is far from Spider-Man 2 in terms of everything (as expected), this is fun and worth $6.99. The combat system and the graphics make the game, both fortunately and unfortunately (swinging around NYC without markers could have made the game, among other things).

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 09-01-2010 at 04:11 AM..
Old 08-31-2010, 06:02 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen)

Hope it's worth the wait
Old 08-31-2010, 06:07 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro

I knew my Spidey senses were tingling!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:08 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Love Spider-Man. Gameloft, not so much.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

when will there be a spidy game that i can actually use venom?
Old 08-31-2010, 06:20 AM

It looks so childish with all those bright primary colours. Even the original comic feels more grown up than this, which reminds me more of Mickey Mouse or Anastasia.

Such a shame as Spiderman is my favourite Marvel superhero!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:24 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_k View Post
It looks so childish with all those bright primary colours. Even the original comic feels more grown up than this, which reminds me more of Mickey Mouse or Anastasia.

Such a shame as Spiderman is my favourite Marvel superhero!
Agreed. Isn't it always the case where they take something that always so highly esteemed and "glorify it"
Old 08-31-2010, 06:26 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Will be buying this at the next gameloft sale for .99 cents... lol
Old 08-31-2010, 06:28 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

I agree about the 'childish' part. Definitely not going to buy, but I am interested in others experiences.

I was surprised by all the positive feedback that this gained from review sites.