★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: WELCOME TO NINJATOWN!
The world of Shawnimals comes to life with adorable characters and top-notch production values that combine to create a memorable world and addictive gameplay unlike anything else!

Slidetoplay.com - (4/4) "With a clear emphasis on putting perfected gameplay and mechanics first, Ninjatown: Trees of Doom earns our highest recommendation."

Knowyourmobile.com - "...a never-ending, delightful challenge that demonstrates exactly what iPhone games should be about."

148apps.com - (4.5/5) "I can't recommend Ninjatown enough."

Destructoid.com - "I'm spending more time trying to get a Wee Ninja up a tree than being a responsible adult... if I can pry the iPad/iPhone away from my wife who is also addicted."

Gamezebo.com - (4/5) "Trees of Doom is the next game you should put on your shopping list."

(Reviews of original iPhone/iPod Touch game)

AMAZING iPAD GRAPHICS!
Is that a playable cartoon on your iPad? Why, yes! It's called NINJATOWN: TREES OF DOOM!, and it will make your friends ENVIOUS! The incredible high-resolution iPad display results in Venan Arcade's best-looking game yet!

CLASSIC AND TIMED MODES!
Play Classic Mode for the original TREES OF DOOM experience, or Timed Mode for a heart-pounding race against the clock! Climb as high as you can in Classic Mode without getting knocked down by Mr. Demon's devilish crew, or scale the heights in Timed Mode as you hit checkpoints to keep the timer from running down to zero!

UNLOCKABLE NINJAS!
Wee Ninja isn't the only denizen of Ninjatown trying to climb the TREES OF DOOM! See if you can find them all!

HAND-DRAWN SCRIBBLE SKIN!
Want to see the world of Ninjatown in a whole new way? Try tapping the game logo on the main menu for a more SCRIBBLY visual experience! Tap the logo again to switch back to the classic visuals!

IMPRESS YOUR ELDERS!
Ascend the TREES OF DOOM as you try to climb higher than any other Wee Ninja in Ninjatown! Ol' Master Ninja will be most-impressed, thanks to the easy-to-learn controls that make it super-simple to dodge Mr. Demon's evil minions.

DODGE DENIZENS OF THE DARK FOREST!
The nefarious Mr. Demon doesn't like it when Wee Ninjas climb his trees, so he's sent some goons to knock you off! Watch out for the bat-like Flying Devils, the tenacious Deadly Swarms, and gooey Dark Syrup!

COLLECT POWER-UPS!
Seriously, collect them! Blow giant bubble gum shields, vanish into thin air with candy smoke bombs, rocket through the air as Super Ninja, and hitch a ride on flying Mucho Macho Moustachios! What other game lets you ride on a giant flying moustache? Yeah, that's right: NONE.

GAME CENTER, TWITTER, AND FACEBOOK!
Earn over 30 Game Center achievements and stack your scores against Wee Ninjas across the globe on the worldwide leaderboard! Post your scores to Twitter or Facebook and impress your friends!

To learn more, visit www.venanarcade.com
Follow us on Twitter @VenanEnt
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/VenanEnt

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
iphone videos...



iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)








iPhone version Thread : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=54033
08-31-2010, 06:26 PM
#2
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,244
Going to do the double dip right now.

08-31-2010, 06:27 PM
#3
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
Posts: 510
I would LOVE to play this on iPad! I absolutely LOVED it on iPod, played it for weeks
08-31-2010, 07:26 PM
#4
Joined: May 2009
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,054
Finally, I have been waiting for this one!

It's so worth an extra 1.99 to have this one in iPad native res!

(Now Lets all keep our fingers crossed that Venan brings Space Miner to the iPad HD Format!
09-01-2010, 02:09 AM
#5
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: italy
Posts: 339
this is a poor port from ipad,the frame rate is not so good,it seems only a bigger version of the iphone game.it doesn't worl the 2 payd for me.i found also crashes with plus+ (bug on leaderboards).
09-01-2010, 05:56 AM
#6
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: 英國劍橋
Posts: 1,569
Well... I double-dipped and, yes, what I'm thinking is that this could so easily be a 2-player Vs. game Or is this just me? A split screen mode, 2-player modes:-

1) First to get to a certain height; eg. 500, 1000, 1500 metres... or sth like this?
2) Survival - who can survive for the longest using the same elements on the trees.

...this, I feel, would truly set this game apart from the iPhone version. Having said that, the iPad version is big and it is beautiful - a serious amount of POP POP POP... ...

If you don't mind there being nothing new that sets this game apart from the iPhone/Touch version, then go for it. Admittedly the game did crash when I first tried to log into Plus+ but a reboot fixed that issue for me and it hasn't happened since.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. The more I play, the more I see a drop in frame rates, especially when climbing a tree. Hopefully Venan can comment on this?

Last edited by ataloss; 09-01-2010 at 07:53 AM.
09-01-2010, 09:42 AM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
Well... I double-dipped and, yes, what I'm thinking is that this could so easily be a 2-player Vs. game Or is this just me? A split screen mode, 2-player modes:-

1) First to get to a certain height; eg. 500, 1000, 1500 metres... or sth like this?
2) Survival - who can survive for the longest using the same elements on the trees.

...this, I feel, would truly set this game apart from the iPhone version. Having said that, the iPad version is big and it is beautiful - a serious amount of POP POP POP... ...

If you don't mind there being nothing new that sets this game apart from the iPhone/Touch version, then go for it. Admittedly the game did crash when I first tried to log into Plus+ but a reboot fixed that issue for me and it hasn't happened since.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. The more I play, the more I see a drop in frame rates, especially when climbing a tree. Hopefully Venan can comment on this?
Now I am not sure if I will pick this up. I agree that a split screen 2P mode would be nice. It's nice to see something new for the ipad version. It makes it easier to justify buying both versions.
09-01-2010, 10:00 AM
#8
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Now I am not sure if I will pick this up. I agree that a split screen 2P mode would be nice. It's nice to see something new for the ipad version. It makes it easier to justify buying both versions.
I think he's recommending they make a split screen mode.

Licensed and Certified Legacy User
09-01-2010, 10:08 AM
#9
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunriseMoon View Post
I think he's recommending they make a split screen mode.

So am I


I was just saying that it's nice to see something new for ipad apps that differentiates them from the iphone version.
09-01-2010, 10:40 AM
#10
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: 英國劍橋
Posts: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
[...]
I was just saying that it's nice to see something new for ipad apps that differentiates them from the iphone version.
...yeah... that's what I mean. Very succinctly put.

So, Venan, what do you think?