★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Lazrhog Games
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 27.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Welcome to MiZoo HD !!
Featured by Apple in Family/Puzzle 'Whats HOT'

People have raved about MiZoo on the iPhone, and now the best just got better MiZoo has arrived in HD for the iPad and it has evolved the Match 3 games game format !! No longer are match games limited to a simple 8x8 grid of characters. MiZoo has upped the game to an awesome 16x16 grid.

check out the video of gameplay on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SlkvpO-G7s

MiZoo HD has 2 different game modes both running at a rock solid 60 Frames per second, both OpenFeint Enabled.

"SCORE ATTACK"
In "Score Attack" the objective is simple, swipe an animal towards another animal to swap places with it, in order to make lines of 3 or more of the same animal. Only those moves that make a line are valid. However, to achieve big high scores, make multiple combinations of moves in quick succession before the new animals drop into place to achieve combo bonus scores, and special 'sparkly' animals that eliminate 9 animals when used in a line.

Clear a level by matching the required number of each animal type, that increases each level that you clear.

Make lines of 4 or more to increase the stampede gauge, to eventually be rewarded with a sparkly animal per column for big score rewards.

Ensure you clear a level before daylight runs out though, or face completing a level under the power of torchlight only ! However, scores in the dark are doubled, so play under the cover of darkness to get mega high scores.

"MIZOO STAMPEDE"
In this 'Blitz' style gameplay against the clock for 99.99 seconds, it's back to Match 3 for the awesome mayhem of playing Match 3 on a 16x16 grid. Thanks to MiZoo's amazing game engine that allows you to make moves whilst your previous moves are still taking effect, you interact with an almost constantly flowing board of animals as you battle to reach amazing 'combo' bonus' and stampede bonus' levels.

Couple these game modes with OpenFeint HighScore integration to battle your friends for the highest score, a save game feature that allows you to resume (in Score Attack) from the same millisecond you quit the game, and the most fluid gameplay of any Matching game that has built up a huge fanbase and you get the greatest matching game on the iPad ever !

MiZoo has just changed everything

lazrhog's comments:
***** SCROLL DOWN FOR NEW V1.1 FEATURES VIDEO *****

NEW V1.1 VIDEO SHOWING NEW FEATURES
09-01-2010, 01:12 AM
I like the concept and here is my very first impression (after one game with 3 levels):

- the tiles are small so I’d like to see bigger tiles considering there is free space for that

- after 3 levels I found the “no more moves” is more frequent than I was expecting from a 16x16 board; it can be annoying

- the night/day progress bar is too thin and the time progress bar is too subtle/camouflaged: better interface here would be nice

- to find a match is not easy considering the tile size and the big board: day/night approach could be part of a Hard mode or something; the night mode is annoying (tiles are small enough and bring a good challenge by themselves)

In resume, the concept is good but the tiles and some interface elements are not.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

09-01-2010, 02:10 AM
with so many 3 matches games this seems to be in second places behind many similar games.
09-01-2010, 02:13 AM
Hi, thanks for the comments. I'll clear up some of those UI elements in the next update.

Being a match 4 game does mean that there are more times when no moves are available, but it is meant to be challenging :-)

to balance that out, the new stampede mode is meant to be chaotic fun. Would love to hear what you think of that

Follow me on Twitter
Games/Ports I have on Appstore
GeoTris $0.99, iPlutoid Free, Neverputt ME $0.99, Noiz2sa Free Free, Neverputt HD $0.99
Coming this year MiZoo 2, 2 untitled games in work
09-01-2010, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolaxl View Post
with so many 3 matches games this seems to be in second places behind many similar games.
There are many subtle gameplay elements that make beating the high scores possible. If you just match the pieces your score will be low..... MiZoo is very popular among match 3 players.

Follow me on Twitter
GeoTris $0.99, iPlutoid Free, Neverputt ME $0.99, Noiz2sa Free Free, Neverputt HD $0.99
09-01-2010, 06:10 AM
Ugh...despite playing mizoo from jailbreak till now, i still suck...i guess i'll have to practice, lol...
09-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng View Post
Ugh...despite playing mizoo from jailbreak till now, i still suck...i guess i'll have to practice, lol...
Well I was logged into the wifes openfeint account when I set my "stampede" mode score. Haven't gotten close to it since. I had a peach of a game - scored over 100,000 points with one move at the end !!

Follow me on Twitter
09-01-2010, 01:16 PM
I still have a couple of promo codes left for the next 2 people that PM me ....

Follow me on Twitter
09-01-2010, 01:26 PM
PM sent.

It looks like Zoo Keepers for Nintendo DS (and probably other systems too). I loved that game. This looks like a giant version. Would love to try.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
09-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi there, Will there be a lite of the HD version please?