Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-05-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek800 View Post
I ran into the same problem. The pioneers would just walk to where you pointed them and then walk away. I ended up restarting the mission and it worked the second time around, not sure what the cause was though.

I've tried this flipping level 4 times and still my 8 men won't get in the cart... They'll clear the south coast a bit, but run away from the north. There isn't a donkey visible mind you, so perhaps that's the problem. The thing is though, when I click on stables, I don't get the option to get a donkey... All the options are greyed out.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardbattle View Post
I've tried this flipping level 4 times and still my 8 men won't get in the cart... They'll clear the south coast a bit, but run away from the north. There isn't a donkey visible mind you, so perhaps that's the problem. The thing is though, when I click on stables, I don't get the option to get a donkey... All the options are greyed out.
Make that 5 times.... How do you get the donkey to attach to the cart?
Old 09-05-2010, 06:20 PM

Gameloft.... pass.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Make that 5 times.... How do you get the donkey to attach to the cart?

Right, that's 8 times now, and hitting a brick wall. It's either a bug, or garbage instructions.... Can anybody help?
Old 09-05-2010, 08:35 PM

Once you get a donkey and a cart, the donkey will walk towards the cart by itself. Check your resources, are you getting enough water and grain to the donkey ranch?
Old 09-06-2010, 01:00 AM
iPad Air

I hate story mode in RTS games. Lazy developers who don't want to take the time to code a real AI use it as a crutch.

The best part of settlers is balancing your economic development against your military. NOT trying to figure out how the designers decided you should play any given level. The above posts are a perfect example of bad game design.

(Hmmm. How do I get a donkey? I must have a donkey. I can't beat this level without that thrice-damned donkey).

I feel bad for the player who is stuck trying to figure out how to trigger a stupid script; and I'm oh, so glad that player isn't me.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiutian View Post
Once you get a donkey and a cart, the donkey will walk towards the cart by itself. Check your resources, are you getting enough water and grain to the donkey ranch?
The tutorial hasn't mentioned how to get resources from places to things.... I can say that all the icons on the screen are greyed out, as are all options when you click on any building - I've tried clicking on all of 'em!

Can anyone more settlers savvy help me through this stupid spike?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:26 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiutian View Post
I have enough resources, I have a donkey and I have a cart, but the donkey just walks towards the cart then away then back, and gets stuck in a loop going left and right. I think it might be due to building placement? Can't be bothered to try AGAIN now though... surely if the building is "green" when you place it, then it should be fine!?

This is the 5th game in a row that I have bought (iPad and PC stuff) that is just plain broken! What is it these days... why don't companies properly test stuff any more!? I give up!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:07 AM

Right - done it! Basically, based upon an idea from this thread, I noticed that there was no water at the stable - I was putting my water mill by the sea, thinking, you know, there's loads of water, knock yourself out.... This doesn't work, and I repositioned it by the river, then everything works ok. So it's not really a bug, but a pop up window letting me know that the water mill wasn't placed correctly would have been nice....
Old 09-06-2010, 11:10 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Right - done it! Basically, based upon an idea from this thread, I noticed that there was no water at the stable - I was putting my water mill by the sea, thinking, you know, there's loads of water, knock yourself out.... This doesn't work, and I repositioned it by the river, then everything works ok. So it's not really a bug, but a pop up window letting me know that the water mill wasn't placed correctly would have been nice....
Hmm yea I think there is a futher hurdle it can get stuck at as well then. I did the same as you on my 1st go (built by the sea, where the land was GREEN!!), but when I restarted I did put it by the river instead, and the donkey was born, but then you get to the probelm I describe in my previous post, where the donkey is stuck in a loop and not 'connecting' with the cart!!

EDIT: Started again and it was indeed the proximity of buildings causing the 2nd bug. Keep buildings far enough apart (especially the Vehicle Hall) and it worked... gives enough room to "draw" the doneky + cart!

Last edited by Baracus; 09-06-2010 at 12:57 PM..