★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Glu Games Inc.
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 107.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Optimized for the iPad!

The hit casual online strategy franchise returns with an award-winning sequel Build-a-lot 2: Town of the Year For iPad! Its time to get busy building, buying and selling houses! Flip houses for quick cash or sit back and watch the rental income pile up. Use your entrepreneurial eye to spot the right locations for residential neighborhoods, parks and industrial zones. Boost your profits and raise Curb Appeal by painting and landscaping homes. There are new towns to explore, new Mayors to meet and lots of money to be made as you cast your vote for the "Town of the Year!"

- Enhanced graphics and user interface optimized for the iPad

- New houses - villas, farmhouses and bungalows

- New special buildings - recycling centers, parks and workshops

- Flip houses for BIG profits.

- Increase the "Curb Appeal" of your properties by painting and landscaping.

- Achieve goals, generate income and cast your vote for "Town of the Year" in Campaign Mode or improve neighborhoods at your own pace in Casual Mode

- Expanded gameplay, more colorful graphics and improved UI make Town of the Year a no-brainer for fans of the original Build-a-lot.

- Pile up even more profits by building all-new businesses like bookstores and cafés in your town!

- Completing a variety of unique challenges throughout the game will boost your career earnings in your quest to become a real-estate mogul and vie for the prestigious honor of Town of the Year!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time.

Price in NZ is $10.99 which should translate to USD $7.99

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
Optimized for the iPad! The hit casual online strategy franchise returns with an award-winning sequel – Build-a-lot 2: Town of the Year For iPad! It’s time to get busy building, buying and selling houses! Flip houses for quick cash or sit back and watch the rental income pile up. Use your entrepreneurial eye to spot the right locations for residential neighborhoods, parks and industrial zones. Boost your profits and raise Curb Appeal by painting and landscaping homes. There are new towns to explore, new Mayors to meet and lots of money to be made as you cast your vote for the "Town of the Year!"
- Enhanced graphics and user interface optimized for the iPad
- New houses - villas, farmhouses and bungalows
- New special buildings - recycling centers, parks and workshops
- Flip houses for BIG profits.
- Increase the "Curb Appeal" of your properties by painting and landscaping.
- Achieve goals, generate income and cast your vote for "Town of the Year" in Campaign Mode or improve neighborhoods at your own pace in Casual Mode
- Expanded gameplay, more colorful graphics and improved UI make Town of the Year a no-brainer for fans of the original Build-a-lot.
- Pile up even more profits by building all-new businesses like bookstores and cafés in your town! - Completing a variety of unique challenges throughout the game will boost your career earnings in your quest to become a real-estate mogul and vie for the prestigious honor of Town of the Year!

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time.

Price in NZ is $10.99 which should translate to USD $7.99
09-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Now $2.99 for a limited time. Recommended?

09-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
Now $2.99 for a limited time. Recommended?
Thanks for the hint ... purchased ...

I had the iPhone version and is a good game ... so for this price ...

Regards,
Sascha

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
09-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Of course, the iPad version goes on sale the very day after I buy the iPhone version... Couldn't put it on sale over Labor Day weekend like all the other Glu games, huh ?

I've also got this for the Mac, so I don't know if I'll sink in again, even though three bucks is a good price for this game.

Just couldn't do it yesterday, could ya ???

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
09-07-2010, 04:02 PM
All these casual games used to be $20 on reflexive and bigfish and many others. Then iphone came out with games for $1. However, I can't recall exactly when maybe January 2010 or maybe a couple months + or - all games dropped on bigfish to $6. Then bigfish releases their iPad games for $7. So then Mac/PC users get these games for cheaper. Well $3 for Build-a-lot 2 is definitely a fair price and I'll bite for that price. If it was $5 I'd really really want to have this though and I'd wait much longer.
09-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Am I glad that I didn't buy it yesterday.
Was debating if there was going to be a sale..
Guess this answers my question.
Instantbuy
10-02-2010, 01:35 PM
price drop $4.99 →99c
10-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
price drop $4.99 →99c
thanks for the heads up!

bought!
10-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Are you having crashing issues? Not getting such good reviews due to crashing.
10-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inked View Post
Are you having crashing issues? Not getting such good reviews due to crashing.
If you experience a crash, try turning off/on your iPad and re-launching the game. Should work properly.