★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Was: Nr 3 in Action, Nr 5 in Arcade, Nr 10 in All Games, Nr 11 in Top Overall.

What review sites say:

"In the end, the game is pretty fun; it is definitely the most explosive iPhone game I have ever played."
TouchGen.net

"If It Isnt You, Destroy It! If youre like me and you like this genre, youll like Assault Commando." AppCraver.com

"Assault Commando offers users a fantastic 3D shooter game that takes place in the South American jungle, providing smooth controls and an intuitive platform that makes this game a joy to play." TheiPhoneAppReview.com

"Non-stop action, excellent sound effects, missile launchers, machine guns, Rambo style battles, and epic explosions await you in Assault Commando." SlapApp.com

Other reviews: 148apps.com, AppSpy.com, ProductReviews.net, The Game Trail, AppBlog.it, TouchGen.net, FunTouch.net, OrangeIphone.ru

What players say:
"Awesome game... Good price easy controls... Lots to blow up!"

"One of the finest shooters in the AppStore! I can definitely see myself coming back to it over and over. Great game!"

"I have never played this type of game before. So, I had no idea what it was about, but the screenshots and description enticed me to purchase it. And i dont regret it at all For one dollar, it is one of the best games on the appstore."

"It's lots of fun, with terrific graphics and great action. I love being able to blast buildings and vehicles in addition to moving targets."

And it goes on and on and on.... :-)

----------------

A classic arcade style 3D shooter game, set in the south American jungle.

Based on the old Commodore64/Amiga game "Rambo" and "Commando".

You have to help Jack Gunfire, a cynic war hero to stop Albrecht Braun from taking over the world.

- Stunning 3D graphics
- Mountable vehicles
- Weapons, weapons, weapons
- Hundreds of enemies to shoot
- High quality soundtrack
- 3 difficulty levels

Trailer: http://iphoneapptrailers.com/view?id=2

Next update: Changing the character animations to high quality graphics to fit the high resolutions of the new iDevices.

Therealtrebitsch's comments:
v 1.2 retina display update is out!

Assault Commando has been featured in "New and Noteworthy", "What we are playing" and "What's Hot".

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

09-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Congrats are you planing to Change the shooting button to like the one minigore or something
this will be better for games such this
and thats what actually missing to make this perfect!!

eh

09-02-2010, 10:35 AM
We will watch user feedback closely on iTunes and we will make updates according to them.
09-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Interesting, let me see...

...evocative soundtrack?... Check!
...lots of explosions?... Check!
...score multipliers?... Check!
...eye candy galore?... Check!

and...

...online leaderboards?
...endless mode(s)?

...Can't see any mention of these...
09-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Looks great, but Im at work anyone willing to TOFTT?
09-02-2010, 11:23 AM
It certainly does look good, I think I might get it soon. I'll post some impressions later on today.

Top 3: Dead Rising, Infinity Blade, Dungeon Hunter 2,

GC: x Woodstock II
09-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to lukasluk
wow looks really good!
09-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerlump View Post
Looks great, but Im at work anyone willing to TOFTT?
Already have. Should have early impressions soon.
09-02-2010, 12:26 PM
I've only gone through the tutorial and so far the environmental graphics are decent, gunfire and explosions are appropriately loud, the controls are well designed and responsive, the frame-rate on my iPhone 4 is good. There also seems to be some nice variety to the enemies, from foot soldiers to vehicles to suicide bombers. The campaign seems to have little story, but I kind of expected that. Two issues were apparent pretty much immediately.

* This would work a lot better as a dual stick. The single-stick/fire button approach works, and it has the advantage of making all classes of weapons immediately available. But I'd give up that convenience (and deal instead with a weapon's menu or cycling) to be able to back up and fire.

* The character animation is pretty poor. Thankfully, all the characters are pretty small on the screen (about the size in GTA:CW) so it's not a game-breaking issue, but after playing something like Creatures it's kind of disappointing.

I'll be spending more time with this on my commute home.
09-02-2010, 04:05 PM
No retina support yet.

There was no i4, when development started