★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What games are you looking forward too?

10-20-2008, 08:20 AM
#1
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 744
What games are you looking forward too?

So far there isn't a long list of apps that I know of that are coming soon. Really besides EA sports I can only think of one other game, so this might as well be a "what game do you hope gets made" thread also.

Tiger Wood 09 - can't wait!

PathWords - that game on Facebook is addictive, so I hope someone ports it to iPhone.

Tenori-On - from the vids I have seen so far this looks like a pretty cool music app.

Little Big Planet - lots of hype about this game. Hopefully a mobile version is in the works as well.
10-20-2008, 08:37 AM
#2
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Berlin/Germany
Posts: 946
Sim City (2000)
Age of Empires (like on the DS)
Fire Emblem (like the 2nd GBA version)
Wing Commander Privater 1
X-Wing
Advance Wars
Hot Wheels racing game
Katamari
Warcraft 2
Command and Conquer Generals
Nascar Racing
Final Fantasy RW (like on the DS)
Actionloop (Magnetica in the US, so much better than Puzzloop)
Trackmania

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de

10-20-2008, 10:45 AM
#3
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 690
I heard something about Bioshock coming to iphone a while back. That is hands down, one of my favorite games ever.

still waiting for Graal Zone to resurface.

Re-Volt looks great too.

I'd also like to see Wing Commander and Zork style games
10-20-2008, 11:03 AM
#4
I hope the bioshock rumor wasn't a rumor XD.
Anyway, I want electroplancton! And geometry wars too! (let's see what is ng:moco planning to do about that).
I was forgetting AOE, it doesn't seem so impossible to me to port on iphone.
10-20-2008, 11:06 AM
#5
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Birmingham, UK, dull corner of the world
Posts: 2,367
I don't know of a particular game like it, but I would like one where you are a sniper, and have to select where you want to camp in order to best view your target/s. Then it turns into a shoot-em-up, where you tilt to move your cross-hairs around, picking off terrorist soldiers through windows etc. PLEASE someone make this game!
10-20-2008, 02:08 PM
#6
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Williamstown, NJ
Posts: 67
Im looking forward to all the EA games coming out. and Armegeddan Squadren

Top Secret Eyes Only
10-20-2008, 02:14 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 174
Counter-Strike or Quake! Ok, CS probably won't happen, but I bet Quake will
10-20-2008, 02:27 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
I don't know of a particular game like it, but I would like one where you are a sniper, and have to select where you want to camp in order to best view your target/s. Then it turns into a shoot-em-up, where you tilt to move your cross-hairs around, picking off terrorist soldiers through windows etc. PLEASE someone make this game!
i like this idea
esp. since you can select your snipe point, like on a 2d map, offering additional advantages and disadvantages like coverage, enhanced wind speed/which you would have to correct for

then when you are all set up, randomized targets appear, and you have to aim, using the accelerometer, make adjustments, and tap to fire
firing too often makes your position noticable, possibly scaring off your targets

a point system, for accuracy could be implemented above the, completing your mission
10-20-2008, 02:31 PM
#9
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Sim City (2000)
Age of Empires (like on the DS)
Fire Emblem (like the 2nd GBA version)
Wing Commander Privater 1
X-Wing
Advance Wars
Hot Wheels racing game
Katamari
Warcraft 2
Command and Conquer Generals
Nascar Racing
Final Fantasy RW (like on the DS)
Actionloop (Magnetica in the US, so much better than Puzzloop)
Trackmania
Now THAT is a good list! I know there is a Sim City headed to the iPhone, but are any of those other games confirmed? It's tough to get a complete gaming news site for the iPhone.

Personally I'm looking forward to Clusterball 2. I've played the first version on the PC and it's an awesome game (with the exception of the destructive tendency magnetic strips have on your ship).
10-20-2008, 02:37 PM
#10
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Birmingham, UK, dull corner of the world
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
i like this idea
esp. since you can select your snipe point, like on a 2d map, offering additional advantages and disadvantages like coverage, enhanced wind speed/which you would have to correct for

then when you are all set up, randomized targets appear, and you have to aim, using the accelerometer, make adjustments, and tap to fire
firing too often makes your position noticable, possibly scaring off your targets

a point system, for accuracy could be implemented above the, completing your mission
You got it mate- that's exactly the kind of game I want. If any decent developer is reading this, PLEASE make this game. I don't want anything in return for the idea- I just want to play it!