★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Defender game Apple App Store

09-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Defender game Apple App Store

Just looking for a view on this idea. I'm in the middle of writing a defender style game and would like to know if people think this is a worthwhile game to develop. Also, any ideas on content and what sort of feature you would like to see. My first attempt at a retro clone was KillaTron 2112, but, if I'm wasting my time with a defender style game then I would like to know.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image512.png
Views:	4
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	22396  
09-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by appman2010 View Post
Just looking for a view on this idea. I'm in the middle of writing a defender style game and would like to know if people think this is a worthwhile game to develop. Also, any ideas on content and what sort of feature you would like to see. My first attempt at a retro clone was KillaTron 2112, but, if I'm wasting my time with a defender style game then I would like to know.

Thanks.
Personally, I think since the original is available and so many knock offs have been made since, there's no reason to continue beating the hell out of the old moose! Retro is sometimes cool, but enough is enough! It's like trying to make one more fart game or zombie game. Try and come up with something fresh and new! Then maybe others will try and copy YOU, and you'll feel good knowing you were the ORIGINATOR!