★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Realms, the intense action shooter blasts its way onto your screen providing numerous levels of gameplay for the beginner and advanced iPhone and iPod Touch gamer.

Start with any of six different races and prepare your ship to embark on a journey through the six realms, encountering minefields, power generators, guardians and protectors. Collect Tari to upgrade your ship and buy inventory to make your journey less perilous. Once your vessel is armed, prepare to test your skills in destruction, strategy, defense, and maneuverability as you engage in space warfare.

FEATURES:
Six realms each with 5 missions for a total of 30 levels!
Four difficulty levels
Six unique music tracks for each realm
Choose from six different alien races
Upgrade your ship and buy inventory items from shields to a teleporter!
Realistic physics including acceleration and momentum
Melee mode: Skirmish against multiple computer opponents

TILT CONTROLS:
Tilt to aim and shoot
One touch to accelerate
Two touches to brake

TOUCH-ONLY CONTROLS:
First touch aims and fires
Second touch thrusts ships
Third touch brakes ship

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Quote:
Realms, the intense action shooter blasts its way onto your screen providing numerous levels of gameplay for the beginner and advanced iPhone and iPod Touch gamer.

Start with any of six different races and prepare your ship to embark on a journey through the six realms, encountering minefields, power generators, guardians and protectors. Collect Tari to upgrade your ship and buy inventory to make your journey less perilous. Once your vessel is armed, prepare to test your skills in destruction, strategy, defense, and maneuverability as you engage in space warfare.
09-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Game Impressions

This space shooter somehow looked interesting to me (given I like to try things out, not just what everybody buys!)

At first, I felt the controls were so tricky and the first level so hard I would never manage to have fun. Then I tried easy mode, managed to pass the first 'realm' or group of levels, and I do think it's quite fun.

The tricky controls is actually the big thing. It's a (compared to the original) seriously improved asteroids style game, combining tilting (orientation of ship and - even trickier - aiming) and tapping to accelerate/stop (shooting is automatic), with some inertia added to the ship like in the original asteroids. It's challenging and even annoying at first, then it becomes what makes the game entertaining, otherwise it would really be 'just another space shooter'

There's a couple of amazingly obvious bugs in the UI. Scaled down the graphics look nice, on an actual device the graphics are pretty rough. The graphics for the UI could be improved just by increasing the contrast and tidying up a little. The UI buttons could do with improvements too - better have buttons that work well and give a clear hint about where to tap, versus stylish stuff that's hard to use.

I know there's been a few high profile space-shooters out recently. I haven't tried them so I cannot compare.

Missions are somehow varied so far.

Overall, I think the missions should be easier at the beginning so they can be completed in normal mode. More important, the graphics absolutely need to be improved! That could make it a cool shooter game.

My feedback to the devs (if you're checking this thread) is that this is also the kind of game that gets more popular with open feint or apple game center integration. That's most definitely missing.

And yea... sure it's got power-ups that you can buy and all. Not overly fancy but it's in there. Better, you can play any of 6 races, and, very amusing, you lose money whenever you fail a mission, so much so that you can get in debt!

Creator of Antistar: Rising (3D adventure) and Darwin's nightmare (vertical shooter)
Working on: Game Degree Zero, Project Spectral and The Belated Antistar Sequel.
09-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Sorry... I didn't see it has game center integration already.

OK - haven't tried that, it's not really my thing although I know many players like it.
Well it's already in there then!

Creator of Antistar: Rising (3D adventure) and Darwin's nightmare (vertical shooter)
Working on: Game Degree Zero, Project Spectral and The Belated Antistar Sequel.
10-12-2010, 10:21 PM
I enjoyed the menus more than the game. Even those were a bit messy. Definitely something ... different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude