★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New Game - Upsi Looper - now available

03-08-2009, 05:20 PM
New Game - Upsi Looper - now available

Its time to draw the line.

My new game Upsi Looper has become available on iTunes

UPDATE A lite version of Upsi Looper is now available on iTunes. Upsi Looper Lite.

There is a gameplay video which shows off some shots of the 2 different play modes.

You control a fast moving line, kind of like the traditional snake games on regular cellphones, but in Upsi Looper you can cross over your tail, and doing so pops everything inside the loop off the screen.

In the main game you use this power to loop enemies and rack up the points. As you get more points, more and harder enemies appear.

In the second play mode, called fruit festival, the screen is filled with bonus fruit, and you rack up as many points as you can before the 60 second timer runs out. There are no enemies, so this is a good mode for learning the ropes and practising your moves.

I've done a lot of work to make this game really fun to play, as well as polishing it up and adding all the little extras so that it really shines. There are over 20 achievements to collect, high scores, and a bunch of statistics saved during play.

I have logged over 10 hours of play time with the game during testing, and I'm not bored of it yet.

The game is currently 0.99$ US, and I think it represents great value for money. Plus I have some great plans for new game modes.

If anyone would like to talk about the game I'd be happy to answer some questions.

Last edited by shen; 03-15-2009 at 02:12 PM.
03-08-2009, 05:26 PM
for convenience, ill post the video here.

Youtube link | Pop Up

03-08-2009, 05:28 PM
I have it, IT's actually really fun, responsive and really original gameplay. +1 recomendation!

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
03-08-2009, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE=anduril_ukr;122333]for convenience, ill post the video here.

looks fun....is it you in the video?
03-08-2009, 05:31 PM
That looks pretty fun to me. And the guy's expressions in the video look hilarious. Especially in the still befroe you hit play.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
03-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by anduril_ukr View Post
for convenience, ill post the video here.

looks fun....is it you in the video?
i was just embeding the original guy's video in the forum, im not the dev. or anything

EDIT: uh-oh, looks like the quotes screwed up
03-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Yeah, that is me in the video.

My flatmate is a music video editor, and made the video for me. It took about 4 hours of editing! Plus the time required to get all the game play footage :-)

I think it turned out a lot more exciting than the straight game play videos I made for my first game, Upsi Runner.
03-08-2009, 05:38 PM
That's the first impressive game trailer I've seen for an iPhone game. Nice job. Not my type of game, though
03-08-2009, 05:39 PM
It looks good, but the background looks eye-straining, and the line could use a make over! Look at the line from glow and try to do something like that. I like some of the backgrounds in upsi runner, so just try to make a scenery shot (maybe a forest would be good to keep a similar color) in that 8-bit style, and it will be much better. I like the concept and will probably pick it up soon.

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything

Last edited by indyraider4; 03-08-2009 at 05:51 PM.
03-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I don't think I will be winning any oscars for my "acting". Whenever the camera is pointing at me, I find it hard not to just stare at the lens and drool...

Also, YouTube only gives you a few choices on the front picture that shows before you hit play, and for some reason it decided that all the choices should be from the 2 seconds of footage of my face, and none from the 40 seconds of the actual game.